Passage Guide Sermon listings

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 16
Ralph A. Pontier | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 10 2015 12:16 PM

The Tim Keller sermons on any given text no longer appear in my Passage Guide when I select a text for which there are sermons in the two Tim Keller collections. Under "Sermons" it says "no results" yet when I go to the library and look up the Keller series I often find one or more sermons on that text.  They used to show up automatically in the Passage Guide but not for the last month or so.

I have prioritized the two Keller collections.  What else do I have to do?

Thanks.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 2:16 AM

I can't answer for that resource, but sermon resources tagged by Faithlife will appear in the Sermons section. You can accomplish much the same if you create a collection of Sermons (with rule subject:sermons) and include it in the Collections section. If that rule doesn't capture Keller then you can be more specific with, for example, author:Keller.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 16
Ralph A. Pontier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 15 2015 10:47 AM

What does "tagged by Faithlife" mean?  Is that something I have to do?

My MacBook Air generates a Passage Guide with the sermons I have in my library, but my IMac just lists "no results" even though the same sermons are in my IMac library.  I can't find what I have done differently on the MacBook Air.

Posts 13358
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 15 2015 11:15 AM

Ralph A. Pontier:
The Tim Keller sermons on any given text no longer appear in my Passage Guide when I select a text for which there are sermons in the two Tim Keller collections. Under "Sermons" it says "no results" yet when I go to the library and look up the Keller series I often find one or more sermons on that text.  They used to show up automatically in the Passage Guide but not for the last month or so.

Can you give us an example of passages you're trying to look up, so that we can double-check what results you should be seeing?

Also, can you confirm which version of Logos you're using?

One thing you could try is entering the command reindex keller sermons in the command box, and choosing the appropriate suggestion.

(Dave was trying to say that some older sermon resources don't show up in the passage guide because they haven't been updated by Faithlife [Faithlife is the company that produces Logos] to work with that feature. But Keller is supposed to work with that feature, so there is obviously something not quite right on your machine. You shouldn't have to mess about with collections — which is very much second-best anyway.)

Posts 16
Ralph A. Pontier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2015 3:49 PM

A Logos tech took control of my computer for a while today and told me to reindex everything.  I'll try that tonight.

Thanks, Ralph

Posts 16
Ralph A. Pontier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 1:32 PM

Problem solved.  "Rebuild Index" in the command line fixed it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS