Is there a bug in notes?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 19 2015 8:16 AM

Since one of the recent (in the past 2 weeks) Logos 6 Windows updates (I now have 6.5 SR-1  6.5.0.0044) every time I paste or type something in a note, the text is bold. I don't see a program setting that would cause this and have never experience it before. 

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2015 10:09 AM

Jim:
every time I paste or type something in a note, the text is bold.

Is this all note documents or just one? To reset this for a single document: With all notes closed, select the text parameters as desired. These will become the new default settings for that note document.

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:59 AM

Jack Caviness:
Is this all note documents or just one?

This is permanent. It happens for all notes. I have to manually un-bold everything I paste, type into a new note or append to an existing note.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 8:12 AM

Deleted

JRS has left the building.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 2:10 PM

Jim:
This is permanent. It happens for all notes. I have to manually un-bold everything I paste, type into a new note or append to an existing note.

Did you try setting the default parameters as I suggested above? Not sure that would work for all notes, however.

Posts 5798
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 2:39 PM

Jack Caviness:

Jim:

Did you try setting the default parameters as I suggested above? Not sure that would work for all notes, however.

This has worked for me when I have experienced these symptoms in the past.

Posts 26799
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 2:45 PM

Jim:
This is permanent. It happens for all notes. I have to manually un-bold everything

Is this still a problem with the latest release v6.6?

Does it happen when only Logos is running i.e. no browser, no text/document editor, etc?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 3:02 PM

After your followup post, I tried this.

Jack Caviness:
To reset this for a single document: With all notes closed, select the text parameters as desired. These will become the new default settings for that note document.

And it worked. Certainly seems like a minor bug that Logos should look into. Thanks for the tip and the persistence.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 3:05 PM

Dave Hooton:

Is this still a problem with the latest release v6.6?

Does it happen when only Logos is running i.e. no browser, no text/document editor, etc?

I don't have 6.6. And it does happen when only Logos is running. Jack Caviness posted an effective work-around so it is an issue within Logos.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 3:10 PM

Just after I replied that I don't have v6.6, I noticed that Logos wanted to update to that version. I'll have to check to see if they changed it's behavior. I would think that the text format selections should be disabled if there is no note open. That would probably solve this issue.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 4:55 PM

Jim:
Thanks for the tip and the persistence.

Pleased that it worked.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS