BUG: left-right arrow parallel resource switching behaviour not working

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 22 2015 4:43 AM

I open the Bible in the NIV. I click in the text. I press right-arrow. The next parallel resopurce (NIVUK) does not appear (bug).

I press left-arrow. The previous paralel resource does appear (NIVrV) but I cannot then go to press left or right arrow again to keep moving through resources as the cursor has moved into reference window (bug)!

I move to ESV. Left-arrow works but again the cursor moves to the reference window. I am now in the NIVUK resource. I click in the text. Right-arrow brings up the ESV. I click int he text again (due to the cursor focus bug) and press right-arrow. The next parallel resopurce (NLT) does not appear.

This mis-behaviour has been introduced I think with the 6.6 6.6.0.0056 release.

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 5:10 AM

I concur, the behaviour is not what it used to be. It is reluctant to switch when the circumstances seem right (focus away from reference box) and is often seen to perform a horizontal scroll. It is not possible to continually switch with successive key presses.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 8:37 AM

I can replicate this. I'll submit it to dev.

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 11:34 AM

Same here. My left and right arrows for moving through my collections and parallel resources are totally mixed up. It's jumping into other languages no matter what collection I check. This is a feature I use constantly, many times every day, and it is now totally useless. Please, please fix ASAP.

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 11:48 AM

It looks as though Logos simply refuses to stay in the checked collection for parallel resources. For Bibles, it won't stay in "English Bibles" or "French Bibles," but moves by itself into all resources, including Greek, Hebrew, Swedish, Spanish ... Please help!

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 6:10 PM

Same problem ... like to mention Parallel Resources Set for Commentaries suffer the same problem too Sad 

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 10:16 PM

It's doing that for me, too. As per Morris Proctor, I have tagged my commentaries (and Bibles and encyclopedias, etc.) into various collections so that I could just consult, for example "ExegeticalCommentaries" or "PastoralCommentaries," etc., and then cycle through one "stack" at a time, without cycling through every commentary on that book in my library. But that function is no longer working with the left-right arrows. The next commentary, or Bible, or other parallel resource coming along seems to jump by itself into the "All Parallel Resources" column, even though it's NOT the list that is checked at the top. Very frustrating, with one of Logos's most valuable features for study now gone.

Are we the only two or three having this problem? Am I missing something? Is there a new keyboard command instead of left and right arrows? Is this a BUG or a feature Tongue Tied Any comment from Faithlife staff? 

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:00 AM

Tom Blanchard:

Any comment from Faithlife staff? 

Tommy Ball, who commented above that he would flag it to development, does work for Faithlife

Posts 5015
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:09 AM

Tom Blanchard:

Are we the only two or three having this problem? Am I missing something? Is there a new keyboard command instead of left and right arrows? Is this a BUG or a feature Tongue Tied Any comment from Faithlife staff? 

Having the problem to Tommy.

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:56 AM

Thanks, Graham. Sorry, Tommy, I missed the connection to Faithlife.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 12:22 PM

Tommy Ball:

I can replicate this. I'll submit it to dev.

This should be fixed in 6.6 SR-1. 

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 2:20 PM

Fixed. Thank you.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 9:15 PM

I updated to Logos 6.6 SR-1 (6.6.0.0059) and restarted, several times, just to make sure. The problem does NOT appear to be fixed. Can anyone else confirm this? If not, I can post a video later to show what it's doing.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 2:47 AM

Tom Blanchard:
Can anyone else confirm this? If not, I can post a video later to show what it's doing.

A video is a good idea. What OS?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 12:32 PM

Hi, Dave

I'm running a Macbook Air OS 10.9.5. Here's a link to the video on my Vimeo site : 140526546

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 2:02 PM

Tom Blanchard:

Hi, Dave

I'm running a Macbook Air OS 10.9.5. Here's a link to the video on my Vimeo site : 140526546

The original (Windows) bug has been fixed where the left/right arrows did not work properly as focus was being diverted to the reference box. Now that they are working I'm experiencing your bug of resources being switched  to the "All Parallel Resources" collection rather than following the nominated user collection.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 3:19 PM

Dave Hooton:
I'm experiencing your bug of resources being switched  to the "All Parallel Resources" collection rather than following the nominated user collection.

I can replicate this. I'll report it.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Tommy Ball:

Dave Hooton:
I'm experiencing your bug of resources being switched  to the "All Parallel Resources" collection rather than following the nominated user collection.

This was fixed earlier today, and should be available in the next beta.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 2:25 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Tommy Ball:

Dave Hooton:

This was fixed earlier today, and should be available in the next beta.

This is fixed in 6.7, now available on the stable channel.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS