Logos 4 for Mac Question?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 29
Michael Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:21 PM

If I download Logos 4 on my Mac, will I have to go through the whole process of indexing my entire collection each time I receive an update to my GOLD edition?  Is it best to just wait until Logos 4 Mac is complete, later in the year, or will my system be ok if I download Logos 4 on my Mac, being incomplete and all?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 8:10 PM

Michael Davis:

If I download Logos 4 on my Mac, will I have to go through the whole process of indexing my entire collection each time I receive an update to my GOLD edition?

Usually No - increment indexing and merging should occur as resource and Logos 4 Mac updates happen.  Some alpha updates have needed index rebuilding to fix a corruption issue.

Michael Davis:

Is it best to just wait until Logos 4 Mac is complete, later in the year, or will my system be ok if I download Logos 4 on my Mac, being incomplete and all?

Depends on personal tolerance levels for Alpha and Beta usage/testing - crashes and hangs likely to happen from time to time - crash reporting (with log files) and/or screen shots => Alpha improvements.  Also participating in Alpha and Beta testing excellent way to learn Logos features.  When Logos is indexing, Ichose not to use iMac for several hours so indexing completes faster (while avoiding spinning beach balls - busy system).  Thankfully, Logos Alpha has not impacted other applications on my iMac; they still work.

Personally enjoying bible reading plan with linked scrolling of couple commentaries - when commentary, covers 2 or more verses, linked scrolling can be bit jumpy - posted in thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10609.aspx

Keep Smiling :)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS