Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Hannah Reed | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2015 7:20 AM

How can you change your settings in highlighting so that you can set your default as an Emphasis markup for any resource? 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 7:43 AM

It is not possible to choose a default highlighting palette. However, you can assign hot keys to any highlighting style within any palette.

You may find this wiki page helpful

https://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting

Posts 29494
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 7:52 AM

Welcome! Smile

Hannah Reed:

How can you change your settings in highlighting so that you can set your default as an Emphasis markup for any resource? 

I think you will need to explain more clearly what you are trying to do. Resources don't have "default highlighters," so perhaps you are using terminology differently. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
Hannah Reed | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 9:06 AM

Okay, so I have my resources open and I can highlight in any resource other than my Bible. So I am wondering how to go about setting a default highlighter so I can highlight in my Bible. AND my default options in the highlighter are only solid colors and I would like to be able to change that default to an Emphasis markup. I can set a shortcut to an Emphasis markup but I don't have the option to set it as my default highlighter. Does that help?

Posts 67
Mike Cahill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 9:10 AM

Hannah, did you already try creating shortcut keys for certain emphasis markukp options in the 'highlight' box? Have you attempted to create your own custom palette - maybe that will allow you to highlight in your Bibles - would love to hear when you get it working what you end up doing

Posts 67
Mike Cahill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 9:12 AM

Really quickly - I think that you may be confusing the general 'highlight' function (getting highlights like 'emphasis markup' in your Bible) with est. a default for your notes selections - these are two different things.  Hope this helps 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 10:41 AM

Hannah Reed:
so I have my resources open and I can highlight in any resource other than my Bible

Are you saying you try to highlight your bible and they do not appear? If that is the case click the Visual Filter button in your Bible pane (that's the three dots in the shape of a triangle) and scroll down to insure notes are checked as well as the note file containing the highlights.

Hannah Reed:
AND my default options in the highlighter are only solid colors and I would like to be able to change that default to an Emphasis markup.

Hannah Reed:
I don't have the option to set it as my default highlighter

As I stated above, there are default options for highlighting palettes of styles.

Posts 6
Hannah Reed | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 3:54 PM

Fredc nailed it with selecting the notes in the visual filters. Nick figured it out today and walked me through it real quick. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS