Turning off highlight- too many notes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Paul Dirks | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

First post here, although an active Logos 5 user. I use notes pretty extensively and use highlighting sometimes. I came across an interesting problem today in my Bible in that one of my highlights was getting in the way of me reading the text. So I went to visual filters to turn it off. But under the Notes heading (and I know that this highlight is in a specific note file) I have so many notes, it's a nightmare to find the one I want and I actually forget what I titled it. 

Any suggestions? As a workaround, is there a toggle switch for all highlights?

Thanks everyone,

Paul

Posts 4727
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:40 AM

Unfortunately if you want to turn off a specific note file finding and selecting it is the only way to do it. There is a search function, but you would have to know the name of what you are searching for. You can turn off all notes with one click.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:41 AM

Yes, collapse the NOTES section by clicking the tiny arrow, then uncheck them all at once.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:46 AM

Paul Dirks:
Any suggestions? As a workaround, is there a toggle switch for all highlights?

Other than to caution you to keep highlight-notes files and note-notes files deliberately separate, I don't have a good suggestion.

You have (as have many others) run into one of the negatives in this type of implementation. There are positives, and there are negatives, and you've hit one of the big minuses.

I probably see more user complaints about this collusion of features than any other non-bug in Logos. I think that, if FL listens to its customers, a re-implementation of these features is unavoidable. But who knows when it will happen (or even 'if'...even being unavoidable).

On a few occasions, I've had to go through my files and clean some stuff up. That meant moving, one-by-one, notes from one or more files into another. It can be tedious, but until the implementation is improved, it may be necessary to find stuff.

And finally, one feature I've called for numerous times would fix your problem: separating highlights from notes in the Documents menu. That is, have separate categories for notes files created by highlighting than those created by making notes. Then, using these separate categories in the three-circles icon, we could universally turn off-and-on notes or highlights rather than have to find specific files to toggle.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:48 AM

TCBlack:
Yes, collapse the NOTES section by clicking the tiny arrow, then uncheck them all at once.

That turns off all his notes as well as his highlights, and I believe he wants to hide the highlights without hiding the notes. (At least, it was implied in my reading of his post...when he said, "is there a toggle switch for all highlights?", that's how I took it.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 6
Paul Dirks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 2:56 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I had hoped there was another solution, but I still love Logos and having all my notes and files in one place. 

Doc B- your suggestion would really help my situation I think. Hopefully Logos would implement this. 

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS