Logos 6 Mac won't open.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Martin Helgesson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 27 2015 5:52 AM

All of a sudden, Logos 6 won't open at all. I get one bounce from the dock icon, and nothing else happens. I have tried opening via the dock, the finder, spotlight and so on, with rebooting my MacBook in between. 

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 9:27 AM

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Martin Helgesson:
All of a sudden, Logos 6 won't open at all. I get one bounce from the dock icon, and nothing else happens.

This sounds like a problem that popped up with a build several months ago. Has it been a while since you have updated and/or used Logos? The first thing I would try is to download and install the newest engine. See the link in my signature line. If that doesn't work, please try to enable and post logs (also see my signature line). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Martin Helgesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 8:10 PM

Thank you so much – I am embarrassed to have need for such an easy solution. But I wonder why it hasn't updated when I've been using it almost daily since that problem seem to occur this summer.

Anyhow, thanks again! 

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:31 AM

Martin Helgesson:
I am embarrassed to have need for such an easy solution

No need to be embarrassed. It is an "easy" solution, but not a straight forward one. 

Do you leave the app running all the time? That would be the simplest explanation (the update downloaded but wasn't installed until recently. New updates would not have been installed because of the pending update). 

It is also possible that your problem was unrelated to the previous one... but the problem as you described is rare (I had not heard of that problem until the issue this summer). 

Posts 3
Martin Helgesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 12:39 PM

Yeah, I guess I do tend to have it running. Will be on the lookout for updates in the future. Thanks again!

Posts 1
Wess Root | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:37 AM

I am having the exact same problem, not super computer savvy.  Where is the "link in your signature line"? 

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:58 AM

Wess Root:

I am having the exact same problem, not super computer savvy.  Where is the "link in your signature line"? 

A signature line is the stuff that gets posted after the users text. Look right below this line.

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:59 AM

Wess Root:

Welcome, by the way. IF that doesn't work, please create a new thread.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 2:12 PM

Wess,

Did you get Logos up and running? It looks like you might have. 

Posts 1
Randy Rowlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 3:21 PM

I am having the exact same problem and can not find a "link in your signature line" right below.  There is nothing and nothing to click on.  "OS X & IOS Mac Logs PC Logs Install" is what I see after your note "Look right below this line"

Posts 25965
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 3:26 PM

Hi Randy - and welcome to the forums

Randy Rowlan:

I am having the exact same problem and can not find a "link in your signature line" right below.  There is nothing and nothing to click on.  "OS X & IOS Mac Logs PC Logs Install" is what I see after your note "Look right below this line"

You should be able to click on "Install" at the bottom of Alabama's post. Does it not work for you?

It actually links to https://www.logos.com/install 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS