Layout Question: Sending Resources to Certain Panes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Charlie | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:35 PM

In trying to maximize screen space, I have chosen to not keep the passage guide and exegetical guides visible. Instead, I would like to have them be the last two tabs of the pane I've dedicated to commentaries. The only problem is that when I click to open a new commentary, Logos automatically places it in the Bible pane, not next to the other commentary tabs. This only happens when I try to combine the commentary pane with the PG and EG. I've attached pictures since I'm probably not describing it well.

The first picture is my basic layout (although it doesn't have the PG and EG tabs next to commentaries). The second picture shows my current solution to the above problem. I've floated the EG and PG panes in order to allow new commentaries to properly populate next to other open commentaries.

So, my question is: can I keep my PG and EG tabs at the end of my commentary pane and force new commentaries to open in that pane? I would prefer to not float my PG and EG.

Thanks!

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:17 PM

Charlie Cunningham:
So, my question is: can I keep my PG and EG tabs at the end of my commentary pane and force new commentaries to open in that pane? I would prefer to not float my PG and EG.

Charlie:

You are not the first to ask this...the answer seems to be that in L4 a particular resource (like a commentary) is "trained' to go to a particular window. Some see the logic in this, and understand that it works. Like you, I seem to have problems with it. BUT many times i've been able to "train" the commentaries to go to a differing window from the one that they first appear in.

so...Could you try "dragging" the commentary from the"wrong' window into your preferrred window? Then when the next commentary populates (if it is still in the "wrong" place) drag it also. For me, after doing this a couple of times "sometimes" L4 "gets the hint" and then puts the rest of the commentaries where I want them.

Others may have much more sophisticated suggestions.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 44
Charlie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 3:30 PM

Thanks for the response Steve.

Unfortunately, Logos didn't seem to "learn" that rule after dragging tabs several times.

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 3:33 PM

Charlie Cunningham:
Unfortunately, Logos didn't seem to "learn" that rule

Sorry, Charlie.

I hoped it would be worth the try.

Maybe someone whose commentaries "go" to the right place can help?

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS