Freezing / Attention: Tech support / Forums have yielded no solution

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 1 2015 12:30 PM

For more than 3 days now, my Logos freezes at the drop of a hat (doing many simple, but different things, e.g. running NKJV & one book, while trying to create a note. See log.) Working from a blank template (see logs.) I updated to El Capitan hoping that that might solve the problem, but it continues unabated. Please help! I'm running OSX Capitan 10.11 on a M1348.LogosLogs.keith.20151001-152158.zipacbook Pro (Logos 6 "Baptist Gold" Logos Bible Software 6.6 SR-1 6.6.0.0059.)

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 3:48 PM

Keith Keyser:
ogos freezes at the drop of a hat (doing many simple, but different things, e.g. running NKJV & one book, while trying to create a note. See log.) Working from a blank template (see logs.)

Can you tell us what you see in the Apple>About this Mac? We don't need the serial number. It looks like this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201260. How long does it hang? Is it permanent or does it hang for a short time? How long do you wait if it seems permanent? What note are you attaching them to in this case? Note documents with an exceedingly large amount of notes can be unwieldy to update. I only mention this because I see your "Solid Colors" document is +9k notes strong.  

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 4:45 PM

It hangs permanently. MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 El Capitan OSX 10.11 16 GB Memory 1333 Mhz DDR3 Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 5:54 PM

What note are you attaching them to in this case? Note documents with an exceedingly large amount of notes can be unwieldy to update. I only mention this because I see your "Solid Colors" document is +9k notes strong.  

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 6:10 PM

It occurs sometimes when making notes, but also occurs when doing nothing more than trying to navigate between two panels. It's not limited to notes, so it's a bigger issue, seemingly.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 1:30 PM

Hi Keith,

Please attach a set of logs including a sample log if it hangs permanently again.You do this by clicking the "Sample" button in the logging utility. Please also include a thorough description of what you were doing, and a screenshot of what the program looked like at the time. 

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 2:58 PM

Please see the sample log attached. 1803.LogosLogs.keith.20151005-175054.zip

It hasn't frozen today as yet. It sometimes "freezes" (i.e. locks up with the interminable spinning pizza, won't respond, even if left alone for several minutes) when creating a note. Other times it occurs when I'm scrolling through a Bible (it's happened both with the Scrivener's Cambridge KJV & the NKJV.) The screen remains the same; it simply will not move or permit any other function. 

Given the issue with the number of notes: is there a better way to record notes in Logos?

Many thanks for your help.

In Christ,

Keith

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 12:52 PM

Keith Keyser:
Please see the sample log attached.

Did you pull this when it froze? What were you doing when this log in particular was recorded? Did you take a screenshot of the layout when it happened? I'll need all this information.

You can dictate what Note document you attach your note to by opening the note document you intend on using, and choose that note document when you create a note.

You can also click and drag notes from one Note Document to another. You can dictate the note document highlight styles from a certain highlight pallet attach to.

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 8:45 AM

Happily, it hasn't been hanging or freezing the past few days. I'll post if the issue recurs.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS