How do I separate out my wife's fiction in Logos & Vyrso please?

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 12:50 PM

NB.Mick:
tag:lynn comes up empty

I am shocked Stick out tongue

BTW Bruce, I corrected my typo. Thanks for catching it.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:37 PM

JoshInRI:
I got dozens of freebies for her to read but "(fiction OR novel) AND ebook" not sure how to make this work.

Collection Question => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/114727/759393.aspx#759393

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
Is the a way to define a Collection to include only Novels?

Edition:e (Amish,enemy,fiction,heaven,mission,murder,mystery,noble,novel,president,romance,socialite,story) -Bible

Note: this collection rule has several false positives: e.g. real stories.  Vyrso descriptions have a variety of words.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 8:31 AM

I know you have already received a lot of good answers, but I think the simplest way is to go to your library list and sort by "Edition" (you may have to add that column by right clicking the Library header bar) . All Vyrso books are "eBook" editions while all Logos resources are "Logos" editions. You can see exactly how many Vyrso books you have and then click on "eBook" to get the complete list.

Posts 27960
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 9:04 AM

Average Joe:
I think the simplest way is to go to your library list and sort by "Edition" (you may have to add that column by right clicking the Library header bar) . All Vyrso books are "eBook" editions while all Logos resources are "Logos" editions. You can see exactly how many Vyrso books you have and then click on "eBook" to get the complete list.

It is easier to click. Smile

using the syntax edition:e does the same thing, but will hide everything else. This is <slightly> "less easy," but is much more powerful in that you can add other search parameters as well. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2879
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 9:12 AM

Unfortunately, I think we all have fiction in our Logos libraries. It was sold to us as non-fiction, though.

I won't name any names. Surprise

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 7:06 AM

alabama24:

Average Joe:
I think the simplest way is to go to your library list and sort by "Edition" (you may have to add that column by right clicking the Library header bar) . All Vyrso books are "eBook" editions while all Logos resources are "Logos" editions. You can see exactly how many Vyrso books you have and then click on "eBook" to get the complete list.

It is easier to click. Smile

using the syntax edition:e does the same thing, but will hide everything else. This is <slightly> "less easy," but is much more powerful in that you can add other search parameters as well. 

Ah, thanks! Good to know. That is probably a better way to do it, then. 

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS