Logos will not open

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Susan Kane | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2015 10:14 AM

My program has run for years with no problems.  Yesterday I tried to open program and it will not open.  It was previously running fine, but day before or so I clicked on the number 1 showing something to apply, download etc, as it usually does, saying it will be done when program is restarted. 

I did this before going to bed.  When I tried to open next day it would not open at all.

Help, please.  No other programs are having trouble, and I have run my security program twice. 

Thank you,

Susan Kane

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 10:26 AM

Susan,

Please enable Logging (http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging ).

Attempt to start Logos, and it will likely fail, as it has been.

Then upload the logs.  If you're more rushed than this advice can provide, please call Logos technical support.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2344
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 2:01 PM

Definitely post logs. 

Sometimes Logos will open if you hold down the CTRL button until the log in screen appears.  This will force Logos to open to a blank layout.

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 4:38 PM

If you are on Mac, delete the app from the applications folder and reinstall the engine (see link in my signature line). This will leave your resources and notes in place. If this doesn't work, or if you are on windows, please post logs. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 4:44 PM

Welcome to the forums Susan. Others have told you what needs to happen so I just wanted to say welcome.

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 4:51 PM

Matt Hamrick:
I just wanted to say welcome

Yes Yes, welcome! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS