Documents created on desktop not available on the laptop (and vice versa)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 18 2015 1:05 PM

I created several notes on my desktop, but when I was traveling and tried to access them, they don't show up on the laptop.  Similarly, I created a note on the laptop and when I got back could not find it on the desktop.  Is there some setting i may be missing to ensure the two stay synced?

Posts 27029
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 1:49 PM

Do you sign in with the same credentials on both machines?

Are you working online on both machines?

The synchronization should "just happen" if both answers are "yes".

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 2:07 PM

This thread will be moved to the Logos 6 forum so that you can get the appropriate attention. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 2:14 PM

I am signing in with the same credentials on both and they are both online.  The documents do show up in logos.com, so I'm very confused as to why they won't show up in documents when I open the software.

Posts 4659
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 2:27 PM

Donna:

I am signing in with the same credentials on both and they are both online.  The documents do show up in logos.com, so I'm very confused as to why they won't show up in documents when I open the software.

Is it possible you are running security software, or have a firewall setting that is preventing the sync server from downloading the documents.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 8:28 PM

What version of the app? What OS? Logs might be needed. See my signature line. 

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 2:52 AM

I don't believe I have any firewalls or security settings different than the past and I have never had this issue before.

I am running Mac OS - Yosemite (10.10.5) and Logos 6.6 SR-2 6.6.0.0069.  

Let me know if you want me to get some logs and, if so, do I need to create another note on one mac (it's a Macbook Pro) and then try to see in the other?

Posts 22093
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 2:56 AM

Are you having any other sync issues - Reading Plans, Prioritization, etc?

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 3:19 AM

I don't think there are any other sync issues … including documents.  Notes is the only thing that appears to not be syncing.  Layouts and shortcuts are syncing as is prioritization, etc.

Posts 22093
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 5:34 AM

Just to double-check. Which other document types are   syncing correctly?

And  is it that the Notes documents don't appear in the Documents menu or that you can't see the actual notes you have made in resources?

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 8:26 AM

Okay, Visual Filters are syncing correctly as are Word Lists.  The others weren't changed and they had synced correctly before.  The notes documents do appear in the documents menu of the computer on which they were created, but do not show up in the other computer's document menu.  All the documents show up on logos.com under my documents.  I even tried duplicating the notes document on logos.com from the computer not seeing the document, but it still did not pick up the duplicate document.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 8:29 AM

Graham Criddle:
And  is it that the Notes documents don't appear in the Documents menu or that you can't see the actual notes you have made in resources?

In other words, the documents might be syncing fine, but you may have the visual filter for those note documents turned off so that you don't see the highlights / note indicators in the various resources. 

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 8:39 AM

No, that is not the case.  There is no visual filter for notes documents that I'm aware of.  I just indicated that other visual filters that I had created had synced fine.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 9:20 AM

Donna:
There is no visual filter for notes documents that I'm aware of

Nomenclature is important here. I am unsure what kind of notes you are talking about, so let me explain.

A number of years ago, Faithlife turned highlights into notes. When you create a highlight, a note is created in a note document. The appearance of the highlight note in a resource is controlled by the resource's visual filter menu (three circles icon). The same is true of notes with note indicators (flags, etc.). So ALL notes that are tied to a resource or a reference in ANY way DO have a visual filter of some kind. Does that make sense? In other words, you can VISUALLY turn off a note document so that the highlights disappear when reading a resource, but the highlights are still there... just invisible.

If your notes are unattached in any way to either a resource or a reference, then you are right, there are no visual filters for that note document. 

Donna:
The notes documents do appear in the documents menu of the computer on which they were created, but do not show up in the other computer's document menu.

You responded to Graham while I was composing above, so the whole visual filter thing may not apply. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS