Drupal module error for references followed immediately by the word "about"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Jonathan B | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 22 2015 6:34 AM

I maintain a drupal site for a nonprofit parachurch organization. 

We have been using the refTagger drupal module and it works pretty great for us but we have found a bug (?) that we keep running into. You can see an example here: 

http://www.ministrycatalysts.com/launching-multipliers/session-8-experiencing-gods-forgiveness 

About a third of the way down the page, there is a questions that starts with "What do you learn from Ephesians 2:1-3 about who is the ultimate..." Scripture references which are followed by the word "about" seem to include the "ab" in the link, and often have errors in their links. We have found a workaround by adding an extra space, but it's not ideal. 

Do you have any suggestions on how we can deal with this? Is this a bug? 

Posts 21
Jonathan B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:45 AM

Just noticed this forum has reftagger. Trying to post the text and reproduce the error here:

Some words in a sentence Ephesians 2:1-3 about some other stuff....

Posts 21
Jonathan B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 8:03 AM

Ok, I'm not sure why it doesn't have the same error here, but it definitely still happened on the site I referenced above.

A little more digging helped me to see that it seems to think that the "ab" of "about" is the bible version. I think if the reftagger developers made sure that the entire next word is used instead of just as many letters as their bible version pattern matching algorithm thinks it needs, that would fix the error on my site.

In the meantime, I found a way to fix it using bibleref markup.  Instead of "Ephesians 2:1-3 about," I replaced it with "<span class="bibleref">Ephesians 2:1-3</span> about," according to the instructions here and the reference appears as expected now.

It would still be nice to hear from the reftagger developers and get this fixed because the content entry users of this site are not developers and asking them to modify the html would not be something I'm comfortable doing.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 8:10 AM

It appears that your site is using the first version of RefTagger, which is no longer supported. Please upgrade to the latest version and let us know if  His is still an issue.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS