Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:34 AM

How do I search for, "the word of the Lord" and have the phrase not only show up in the ESV, but also the LHB?

mm

mm.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:48 AM

Milkman:
How do I search for, "the word of the Lord" and have the phrase not only show up in the ESV, but also the LHB?

I would create a Multiview resource with ESV and LHB and ensure that the Visual Filter "Sympathetic Search Results" visual filter is selected

Then running a search against ESV for "the word of the Lord" should give you what you are looking for.

If any of that doesn't make sense please post back

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:56 AM

Funny, I posted on your other thread and linked here, and Graham posted here and linked over there.

Smile

Graham, why do you always beat me by one minute (on the rare times I actually know an answer!)?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:07 AM

I don't have something called "Sympathetic Search Results"

mm.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:09 AM

Doc B:
Graham, why do you always beat me by one minute (on the rare times I actually know an answer!)?

But the nice thing about your answer is that it didn't rely on any of the capabilities in Logos Now.

Interestingly, comparing the two answers.

Yours highlights the results LHB in the search pane but not in the LHB itself. For that I think you do need the "Sympathetic Search Results" filter enabled which is a Logos Now feature.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:11 AM

Milkman:

I don't have something called "Sympathetic Search Results"

Sorry - its in the beta release of 6.7 (currently at RC1 stage and should ship to stable in a week or so)

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:12 AM

Ok. Makes sense.

mm.

mm.

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:29 AM

Here's another question.

I have two panels opened.

The first panel on the left side has the search results for "the word of the lord came" in the ESV (109 hits). This left panel only shows the 109 results.

The right half of the first panel has the search results in the LHB high lighted. Once again only the 109 hits.

the SECOND panel only has the ESV.

So my question is, how do I get the ESV in the second panel to show the search results in a high lighted form?

Or is that not available yet in Logos Now?

mm.

mm.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 10:08 AM

If I understand you correctly the second panel should show highlighted results just using standard Logos features.

So that probably means I don't understand you!

Please post a screenshot

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 10:51 AM

The ESV on the right side of my monitor is not high lighted. Hope this helps.

mm.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 11:23 AM

The easiest fix for what you now have is to run the search as an inline search in your ESV.

Make sure you match the case exactly in the inline search. (Don't leave 'Lord' uncapitalized, or it won't work.)

Here's my whole screen with both showing-

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 11:39 AM

Milkman:
The ESV on the right side of my monitor is not high lighted

Doc B's suggestion is a good one

The reason the ESV on the right is not high lighted is because you are running an Inline search on the left.

If you ran a "normal" Bible search in a separate panel both ESVs would be highlighted

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 2:57 PM

But I want my ESV in the right panel to be high lighted and I want to read it in context not just the 109 verses that have the phrase in it.

mm.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 2:58 PM

Milkman:

But I want my ESV in the right panel to be high lighted and I want to read it in context not just the 109 verses that have the phrase in it.

Did you try the regular, not inline, search I suggested?

Posts 3070
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 3:45 PM

Ok that works. Much better now. Thanks.

mm.

mm.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS