Copy Paste failure

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2015 6:14 AM

Logos 6.7 copy and paste works well until I open a browser. I've tried Chrome (default) I.E. and Firefox. After I open any of them, copy and paste no longer works in Logos. Any help appreciated.

Posts 30067
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 6:23 AM

I don't know if this is an OS issue or Logos one. Weird. Tongue Tied

In any case, it might be good to get a full set of logs (rather than just an error log). You need to enable logging first. See the link in my signature line. Also, it is important to provide necessary details. Shall I assume you are a windows user? What version? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 8:22 AM

Thanks for the reply. I zipped everything in the Log Files folder after re-creating the problem. I'm using Win7 64 bit PC. Logos works fine until I open a browser. I cannot copy and paste from Logos, nor copy and paste into Logos for a search. 

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 8:29 AM

Hmm. I don't see anything glaringly obvious in the logs, and I can't reproduce the problem on my machine. Are you having this issue with the "Copy and Paste" button in the Copy Bible Verses tool?

It might be a good option to contact our Tech Support team, they can remotely access your computer and diagnose the problem directly. It could be a problematic driver or system resource that isn't playing nicely, and they're better equipped to identify those.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 8:40 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am having copy and paste problems with the Bible Verse copy function too. But Visual copy works fine. This seems to have developed in the last two or three days. Buggy update? I'm going to run chkdsk and then give it another try before contacting tech service. 

Update; Problem resolved by running sfc/scannow in CMD/Administrator.

Posts 3106
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 9:40 AM

Dave L:
Update; Problem resolved by running sfc/scannow in CMD/Administrator.

So, what does that mean the problem was?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 12:00 PM

The problem was not Logos although it seemed that way. I began searching for WIN7 copy paste problems and found a suggestion about running CMD as Administrator using the string sfc/scannow. It took several minutes and didn't report any errors. But after rebooting, everything works as good as new.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS