Backing Up Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Phillip J. Long | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:24 PM

I am going to need to re-install Windows Seven in the next week or so and need to back-up things to prepare for this heartache.  What is the best method for backing up Logos resources so that I do not have to re-download a massive set of files? 

I have a large number of resources which I can shift to an external HD, but it is it possible to back up the program itself?

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:27 PM

you can download the iso from the logos ftp site

Posts 11
Phillip J. Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:43 PM

Let me try again. With Logos 3, I moved all my books from my old laptop to an external HD, reinstalled Logos 3 and restored my licenses, then copied back to a new laptop.  I do not think that is going that easy with Logos 4.  What is the best method for moving Logos to an external device and restoring it later?

Posts 36364
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:46 PM

The Logos site serves as the backup as I understand it. Simply reinstall the software and the resources wil follow.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28011
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 2:00 PM

PhilLong:
What is the best method for moving Logos to an external device and restoring it later?

The key is to backup your \Logos4 folder as a number of methods are then available for reinstalling L4 - see http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers.

I recommend Method 3 as being the most reliable. Your documents (notes, collections, guides etc) will be restored from the Logos4 server.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 2:14 PM

PhilLong:
I have a large number of resources which I can shift to an external HD, but it is it possible to back up the program itself?

You don't need to restore the program, since it is only 38 MB of download. All resources you should install the way Dave Hooton advices you.

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS