Classic Studies and Atlases on Biblical Geography (7 vols.) CP closing

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2015 5:59 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/38448/classic-studies-and-atlases-on-biblical-geography is finally closing in a week. It is $30 now but so close to being $24. Please take a look. Should be quite a good set.

Thanks

Posts 614
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 8:02 AM

Just place my Bid..    Thanks!

Posts 9832
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 11:49 AM

I bid $24 when it was first offered but just changed my bid to $30 because I don't want to miss this.

Just a few more bids though and we can get this to $24.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 11:57 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Just a few more bids though and we can get this to $24

Like you i changed my bid from $24 to $30 because i did not want to miss out but hoping that it crossover at $24.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1064
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 12:00 PM

Can someone help me understand why this might be useful in my library since I already have lots of map-related resources and since a lot of our understanding of these areas has changed since these were published, etc.? Thanks!

Posts 614
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:18 PM

Good Question.. I like looking at and studying old maps..  And thought this was just a good price for 7 Vol..

I found some of these books on Amazon and they are $14.95 and up..  So for 7 of them here, not a bad price.  Here below is one review on one of these books:

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful Historically Detailed Atlas By Brian G on February 23, 2014 Format: Hardcover Verified Purchase This is a fantastic documentation of the history of the Holy Land and should be studied by every serious Biblical student. This copy is certainly showing its age with the pages being yellowed however the maps are still very sharp. Well worth obtaining a copy for future reference. Very good to have alongside of the Bible as you read it so one gets a feel for the events and the areas they occured in. Should be reprinted
Posts 2271
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:44 PM

I dont want to miss this resource either, but I just changed my bid to $24.  We have one week before closing.  If we can keep this alive in the forums, it should go down to $24.  If it does not, I will change my bid later next week.  I encourage others to do the same

Posts 1064
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 6:12 PM

Thanks, Rodney. I'll give it some serious thought.

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 6:15 PM

Apparently I bid $30 on 10-1-15 (not that I remember Big SmileBig Smile) so I shall be leaving my bid as it is in the hope that perhaps a few more bids will lower the eventual price

Posts 2271
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 7:57 AM

It is very close to $24.  If a few people lowered their bids to $24, that would put it over the top.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:09 AM

Mark:

It is very close to $24.  If a few people lowered their bids to $24, that would put it over the top.

It does not work that way. All $30 bids are already counted as $24 bids. Lowering your $30 bid to $24 will not raise the $24 threshold. It will only make you miss out on winning.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1064
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:55 AM

That's true. More new bids are needed from people like me who are still undecided. I will add emphatically that I can be bribed. Smile

Posts 12580
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 9:00 AM

Super.Tramp:

Mark:

It does not work that way. All $30 bids are already counted as $24 bids. Lowering your $30 bid to $24 will not raise the $24 threshold. It will only make you miss out on winning.

Right. Thanks ST for making this clear once again.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2271
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 9:17 AM

Those who bid $30 are included in the $24 bids. That is correct.  They are also included in the $2 bids.  And yes, it is also correct that more bids are needed. to get it under $30.  That is all correct.  But people have no incentive to bid under $30 because it may not close lower than $30.  If we change our bids from $30 to $24, it will bring the suggestive price down to $24.

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:00 AM

Mark:

But people have no incentive to bid under $30 because it may not close lower than $30.  If we change our bids from $30 to $24, it will bring the suggestive price down to $24.

The incentive for me to bid at $30 is to get it to close and into production. It is an added bonus if it closes under $30. If we all change our bids to $24 it will not help to push this resource into production. 

Posts 12580
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:00 AM

Mark:
If we change our bids from $30 to $24, it will bring the suggestive price down to $24.

it can only be a couple of bids away at $24 to jump over (and many many $30 bids would need to be shifted to make $24 the going price prior to it crossing the 100%, thus this scenario is not likely to happen ) - I think it's much more helpful if you explain why the contents of the bundle are worth bidding on at all than trying to trick-change the current price.

Posts 141
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:45 AM

Would these integrate into Atlas tool? I am just wondering what I am potentially bidding on.

Posts 2271
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:47 AM

Rodney has already told us the value of this resource. 

My wishing to see the price drop to $24 is not trying to trick change the current price.  And while I do not know how many bids are needed to get it over at $24, right now it is at the 100% line.  So I do not think it will take many many bids.

Will it integrate into the atlas tool?  That is a good question!

Posts 12580
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 11:00 AM

Mark:
while I do not know how many bids are needed to get it over at $24, right now it is at the 100% line.  So I do not think it will take many many bids.

No it won't - it may be only one additional bid away from crossing at $24. I expect it to do so soon. But you misread my answer. It would take many bids moved from $30 to either $24 or $27 to make $24 the new peak of the curve. If both were nearly at the same percentage your idea might work, however it seems strange that someone not wanting to shell out $30 but willing to bid $24 would refrain from doing so looking at this curve.  

Posts 2271
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 11:22 AM

NB.Mick:
however it seems strange that someone not wanting to shell out $30 but willing to bid $24 would refrain from doing so looking at this curve.  

Forgive me for being a simple person.  That is all I am.  A simple person.  It is not strange in my world to change my bid from $24 to $30 on Friday morning.  But in my world, it is strange that people who bid $30 would not go down to $24 to see more bids at $24, especially when doing so will not bring the $24 bids lower, but rather, higher.  Making that change would bring the $30 bids lower.  So I changed my bid from $30 to $24 and will keep it there until Friday morning. Is this foolish thinking?  Probably so.

I know that sounds strange.  But I have seen it work before.  Community pricing is great.  But of course there are people with different viewpoints on how to bid.  But thanks for your encouraging posts.  They have helped to keep this post in the forefront of people's minds as they consider whether to bid or not.

Either way, I expect to have this resource at either $30 or $24.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS