Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 686
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2015 12:10 PM

Their are various literary structures in the Bible. Currently you have to read a commentary to find those out. It would be great if we could get this information without reading in the commentary or maybe when a literary structure is mention it will link to a commentary. This would be useful in the passage guide. 

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 1:58 PM

If I understand you, it is already in the default passage guide. You can make it custom: go to "Guides", create a new guide template and add "Literary Typing" plus whatever else you want.

Posts 686
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 2:07 PM

Justin Gatlin:

If I understand you, it is already in the default passage guide. You can make it custom: go to "Guides", create a new guide template and add "Literary Typing" plus whatever else you want.

Literary Type is more on the subject of literary genre not literary structure

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 2:23 PM

Okay. I guess I am still a little confused. What do you want that is distinct from the Outlines section?

Posts 686
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 2:29 PM

Justin Gatlin:

Okay. I guess I am still a little confused. What do you want that is distinct from the Outlines section?

For example chiasms do not show up in either one of those, parallelisms do not either those are just two that can help tremendously. 

Posts 32490
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 5:07 PM

Logos has started working in this direction with the Bullinger Figures of Speech dataset. They've been given suggestions for additional commentary resources in another thread. See Literary and Semantic Structure Analysis  and Exegetical Guide - A Whole New Game

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS