Logos.exe /nosync - Is there such a switch?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2758
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2015 7:48 AM

Ok, the title may be somewhat antiquated nomenclature for some today, but is there such a software switch?

The Issue:

I have an old system in which I keep Logos (actually L4) on for the purpose on... well, just because Smile. The issue is that once I turn on the internet for this L4 system in order to download any resources that are compatible for it, the settings (including shortcut icons, prayer lists, etc.) will sync to each of my L6 systems. I would like to download the resources on the old system without anything syncing to the L6 systems. Is this possible?

Thanks

Posts 24727
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2015 12:48 PM

No switch, so Sync will occur as long as L4 uses the same Logos account as your L6 installations!

[a switch wouldn't accomplish what you want as user data/documents aren't the only sync items]

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2015 1:11 PM

With your firewall, router or HOSTS file, you could block the servers used by the sync process. It's a bit of a pain to set up, though.

Posts 2758
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2015 5:31 PM

Thanks Dave.

Thanks Mark.

Mark, I have considered working with the Hosts file on that system, but as you have said, it will be a pain to set it up correctly. Faithlife/Logos has a lot of connections.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS