Erasing sympathetic highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 76
Paul Grieve | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 20 2015 11:11 AM

Sympathetic highlighting is quite easy to use. However, I cannot work out how to erase it! Highlighting that isn't sympathetic is easily erased by selecting the highlighted text and clicking on 'Erase' at the top of the highlighting palette. This does not seem to work for sympathetic highlighting. Deselecting sympathetic highlighting in the visual filters menu doesn't seem to make any difference.

Can someone please give some help here?

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2015 11:24 AM

Sympathetic highlights can't be erased, by design. I'm copying the release notes here for the benefit of anyone who missed them:

Sympathetic Notes Visual Filter

• Not enabled by default, and only an option in word numbered resources (e.g. original language Bibles or modern Bibles with reverse interlinears).
  • Shows notes and highlights attached to other resources as if they had been attached to the active resource (e.g. highlights in SBLGNT can be shown in any translation with a reverse interlinear).
  • Sympathetic highlights are not searchable, they are only for display.
  • Sympathetic notes and highlights cannot be erased or removed. They can be hidden by disabling the visual filter, or removed via the note document or the attached resource.

To truly erase the highlight you will need to erase it from the resource that was highlighted, by opening that resource and erasing the highlight. Or you can open the notes document (via the context menu) and delete the note or remove the attachment from the note.

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2015 11:49 AM

Paul Grieve:

Deselecting sympathetic highlighting in the visual filters menu doesn't seem to make any difference.

Sorry, I misunderstood this when I first read it. I see where it's confusing. The sympathetic highlighting visual filter is an option under the heading "resource". "Sympathetic notes" is a different heading, with specific notes documents under it (just like the "notes" heading.)

The sympathetic highlighting visual filter takes your current selection and shows the corresponding text in other resources by "highlighting" it in gray.

The sympathetic notes visual filter takes your notes and highlights and displays them on the corresponding text in other resources. To disable sympathetic notes, you can uncheck "sympathetic notes" or the specific notes documents you don't want to see.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS