Unacceptable response times in tagging

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 32563
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2015 3:48 PM

1. open Augustine of Hippo. Sermons on Selected Lessons of the New Testament. Vol. I & II. A Library of Fathers of the Holy Catholic Church, Anterior to the Division of the East and West. Oxford; London: John Henry Parker; J. G. F. and J. Rivington; J. and F. Rivington, 1844–1845.

2. Create a palette style with the following attributes (standard sermon + a type attribute)

3. Add a label with the above attribute values to the 2nd sermon in the resource paying special attention to the time waiting for the drop down menu to build for the Creator and Subtitle attributes.

Verify that the timing is atrocious by adding a community tag

1. Open Loomis, Louise Ropes, trans. The Book of the Popes (Liber Pontificalis) I: To the Pontificate of Gregory I. Records of Civilization: Sources and Studies. New York: Columbia University Press, 1916.

2. To the title of Chapter 4 "Clement I" add a community tag

Hmm .. if your response it like mine on a decent machine, you may have grabbed a cup of coffee, heated a soft pretzel, rubbed a cat ... all while waiting for the drop-down menu to populate.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 816
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2015 10:43 AM

In your highlighter style, what type are those fields set to? If they're going to be freeform strings, then specifically selecting "Text" is general faster than "Any Value."

Does it happen every time, or just the first time you go back to edit the label? The first time you invoke an auto-completer we have to load the database into memory. After that, it's faster (or at least should be).

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS