Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:47 AM

Praise the LORD!!!

I've recent updated to Logos 4 and with the announcement of the updates for Libronix3 I went to undertake this too. Well after over 20 hrs. I've yet to get it accomplished! I've gotten the Windows 7 part out of the way and am having problems with updating my books as led to do. I keep getting a "failure to load file" error. I've tried un checking the book that causes this each successive time and have become a bit frustrated. I've made it to a 70 percent completion and yet to be able to use anything that has been downloaded. What can I do? Please help because I love both of these programs much and would love to have them fully functional!!!

Posts 3768
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:15 PM

Marshall T Barth Jr:
I keep getting a "failure to load file" error. I've tried un checking the book that causes this each successive time and have become a bit frustrated.

I had to reinstall V3 after a system crash and had similar problems.  There were three book that caused problems:

1. God's Word Translation
  2. KJV Translation
  3. one of the volumes from the Ante-Nicene Father's collection -- I ended up not downloading any of the Church Father's into L3

What I did to solve the problem was to download small sections - rather than the entire L4 library.  By breaking library into about (it is really a guess) 10-20 sub parts and unchecking the books that  were creating problems, I was able to get all but these three books to download.  After getting everything else to download, I still cannot get these three to download without receiving an error message.

I will now visit the FTP site to see if I can get the first two versions mentioned above.  I can read the Church Father's in L4 - so I am not too worried about these books.

One other lesson learned is that downloading the L4 library into L3, does not get all books in your collection.  It does update the licenses correctly, but it only seems to get the books in L4 library.  To get all your book, you either have get them individually from the FTP site or upload them from your original CDs.  I suspect, though I have not tried, you can also use your pre-pub downloads, if you have any.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:16 PM

I had the exact same problem when I ran the update script for the Scholars Gold Library so I could use the books in L3.

I don't know if Logos has a solution yet but here's what I did to fix it and get all of the books.  I had to run the update script several times.  And each time I ran it, I would jot down which books were not downloading properly - and then the next time I ran the update script I would un-check that book (or books - in my case there were several) from the list of books to download.  That way the update script would skip the books that were not finishing, and causing the error. 

Finally I got the update script to finish properly and then I just had a handful of books that I had to download manually from this page: ftp://ftp.logos.com/lbxbooks/

The process was a little tedious, but I finally got all the books and got it to work using this method.  Hope this helps.

Posts 3768
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:32 PM

Stein Dahl:
I had to run the update script several times.  And each time I ran it, I would jot down which books were not downloading properly - and then the next time I ran the update script I would un-check that book (or books - in my case there were several) from the list of books to download.

Sounds like what I did, by unchecking everything and only adding a fraction of the books I actually made progress when I reran the update script.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 2:15 PM

Praise the LORD!!!

I guess I'll just have to keep chipping away at it until I get it. I still like a bunch of 3's features and plan on still using it.

Thanks and GOD bless!!!

Rev. Barth

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:16 PM

PTL!!!

After two more tries, success. Though now I've 4 books to ftp download, but it's worth it :)))

Posts 3768
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 8:47 PM

Are they the same four books I mentioned earlier in this thread?

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS