Incomplete Resource: BDAG missing many abbreviation popups

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 116
Matt | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:05 PM

Hello,

I originally posted about this some weeks ago, but never received a response from Logos, so I'm attempting again.  BDAG is missing many *many* expansions for abbreviations which appear in the BDAG abbreviation lists.  The ones that do appear are great, but the benefit of the popup expansion is largely obviated if one has to continually go back to the abbreviation lists that one was supposed to not have to browse to.  Although simply opening the BDAG to almost any entry will reveal this problem, take the entry for ἄρχων as representative of the problem as well as the introductory essay.  There are certain abbreviations for which I can find no expansion even within the BDAG.  Those are not what I'm referring to, although it'd be great if those were included.

When can we expect a complete electronic form of the BDAG?

Thanks,

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
  • Nvidia 285 GTX 1GB VRAM
  • Logos 4.1 Platinum, SR-3, indexed
    Posts 27929
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:54 AM

The suggestion there was to email logos4feedback@logos.com as you may not get a reply in the forum.

Quote your initial post at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/11272/88340.aspx

Dave
    ===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 116
    Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 9:36 AM

Dave Hooton:
    The suggestion there was to email logos4feedback@logos.com as you may not get a reply in the forum.

Hi Dave, thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, I've had little luck with such submissions in the past.  It almost seems that the Logos support email addresses are of the 'unmonitored' type.  Embarrassed  Even with official bugs that I've submitted via customer service and where I've received a bug tracking number, they rarely follow up, and the one time they did, their suggestion was that I resubmit the bug via the same process I'd already followed!

I'll go ahead and try the emailing route again, but I hope you can understand that the lack of follow-through and general disorder is frustrating. I wish that their customer service were as efficient and prompt as their billing department.

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
    Posts 27929
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:18 PM

Matt:
    Unfortunately, I've had little luck with such submissions in the past.

That email address is the one that Logos quote for issues like this. By all means persevere in the forum, but do so through your original thread ( via BUMP!).

Dave
    ===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 116
    Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:32 PM

Dave Hooton:
    By all means persevere in the forum, but do so through your original thread ( via BUMP!).

Dave, thanks for the encouragement!

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
    Posts 3004
    Forum MVP
    Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 8:33 PM

Matt-

I too wish that we'd get a little more feedback on the forums (and am grateful for the feedback that we do get) in regards to bug reports and suggestions. But after years and years on the newgroups and forums I can assure you that Logos actually does listen. Suggest@logos.com is monitored as are the forums. 

I can trace most every feature in L4 back to specific newsgroup or forum discussion threads. Logos is a company that I think is truly marked (& strives to be marked) by responsiveness to customers.

Jacob Hantla
    Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
    gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS