Question About PBB Personal Edition

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1826
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:34 PM

I just looked at the Personal Book Builder Private Edition for Logos 3. It seems really neat and I think that once it is available for version 4 I may license it.

I am assuming version 4 will be a lot like version 3 as far as differences between the private and standard editions. Assuming this is true I noticed this about the private edition:

Note: All books created with the Personal Book Builder Private Use Edition will work only on the system that they were created on. You will not be able to share these books with any other user.

Is this saying that if my computer crashes or I simply decide to upgrade to a newer computer that all of my work will have to be redone since it is a new system or will my Logos ID come to the rescue and realize it is still me? I would hate to make 200-300 and a computer crash or new computer make me redo them all!

Thanks

Posts 32461
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:41 PM

Richard Hypes:
I am assuming version 4 will be a lot like version 3 as far as differences between the private and standard editions.

Logos has indicated that the L4 PBB's will be in the same format as other resources rather than in a separate format. The current PBB's survive new computers; I think it is handled by a matching key.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:48 PM

Richard Hypes:
I am assuming version 4 will be a lot like version 3 as far as differences between the private and standard editions.

Actually I don't recall much detail being shared. I don't think we know how licensing, etc. is planned for Logos 4. It would be good to get a word on this from Logos.

Richard Hypes:
Is this saying that if my computer crashes or I simply decide to upgrade to a newer computer that all of my work will have to be redone since it is a new system or will my Logos ID come to the rescue and realize it is still me?

I think we can assume that Logos will know about your license. I don't know if we should assume they will upload and store our creations on their server, so we might need local backup.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS