hyperlinks to journal articles

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Richard Perhai | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:31 AM

Logos provides hyperlinks to Scripture passages, and often to many ancient texts (e.g., within BDAG), or between various lexicons (e.g., TLOT, TLNT).  But I have never seen a hyperlink to journal articles (whether in the body of the text or a footnote).  Hyperlinking is certainly one of the greatest benefits of Logos editions of resources.  Could this be added to future improvements? 

Rick

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 5:03 AM

+1 Yes That would be great! I suspect only a tiny fraction of the references to journal articles have possible targets in a Logos library, though, since there are still relatively few journals available in Logos format. So it would be a huge amount of work to provide these links for relatively little payoff. And how many users have large collections of journals (of the few that Logos does have available) in their libraries anyway? So this would be a lot of work with little payoff that would probably only benefit a few. I think I'd be more frustrated (tantalized) if I happened to stumble upon one or two links to journal articles in my library and the rest of the footnotes didn't have links than the way it is now where none of them do and I just accept that as a reality. But it can't hurt to ask and hope. Smile

I'd actually rather they spent their time getting more complete hyperlinking in for stuff like dictionaries and commentaries. For example, IVP's Dictionary of the Later New Testament and its Developments has no hyperlinks to resources cited in the bibliographies of its articles, when many of these resources are in my library. And Believer's Church Bible Commentary uses inline citations for its references, but has no hyperlinks on them. I have the AYB commentary series, and there are references throughout the BCBC Genesis volume to pages in Speiser's AYB Genesis volume. It would be wonderful to be able to go look those up, but no such luck. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS