Free access to mobile ed

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 589
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2015 1:38 PM

Do those who subscribe to verbum now also get free access to the mobile Ed courses such as being given for logos now subscribers? 

Posts 9500
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2015 2:35 PM

Jesse Blevins:

Do those who subscribe to verbum now also get free access to the mobile Ed courses such as being given for logos now subscribers? 

Logos now subscribers don't have free access to mobile ed courses but this month there is one course that is available to try. Today's blog addresses this exact topic - https://blog.logos.com/2015/12/try-mobile-ed-and-logos-now-risk-free/

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8
Edwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 6:06 PM

I am a new logos now subscriber and do not see how to access the Michael Heiser mobile ed. any suggestions?

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 6:22 PM

Edwin:

I am a new logos now subscriber and do not see how to access the Michael Heiser mobile ed. any suggestions?

Did you follow the link in Bruce's post just above your own?

Posts 28913
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 6:25 PM

Jack Caviness:
Did you follow the link in Bruce's post just above your own?

I did, but it didn't answer the question (in my mind). Is the answer simply "everything you need downloads"? Is there a special place within L6 to access this feature? I have never participated in one of these "courses," so I would have no idea how to answer.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Kris Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 6:27 PM

Everything automatically downloaded for me.

Posts 30969
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 6:41 PM

In the Library it should appear under type:("Courseware Media", "Courseware Textbook")

On Homepage it should appear in the left sidebar under Courses  or click the Courses in Library if it doesn't appear because its not in the top 3 or so.

Or Tools ==> Library ==> Courses should give you access.

It may also appear in some of the Guides.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9500
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 4:27 AM

Edwin:

Were you able to get it to work Edwin?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 8:42 AM

Like the OP, I'm not seeing the course in the "Courses" sidebar.  I do have two courses listed there that I purchased, but not the free one for the month.

I'm a Verbum Now subscriber ... maybe it does not apply to us.

Posts 1394
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 3:11 PM

Steve:

Like the OP, I'm not seeing the course in the "Courses" sidebar.  I do have two courses listed there that I purchased, but not the free one for the month.

I'm a Verbum Now subscriber ... maybe it does not apply to us.

Im not sure about Verbum Now's access to the Mobile Ed courses. I thought that they all had access to a free Mobile Ed course (seems as though I have read other posts where users said they did have access - but I could be mistaken). We need to ask MJ - she's the Verbum expert. 

As for the resources that are available, several here are asking how to find those in their library. It's easy. Go to your library and type License:Temporary. This will show you all the resources that you do not own a permanent license for, as seen here. Most of what you see are going to be the features or documentation on datasets that are part of the Logos Now subscription. Others may be the resources (such as Mobile Ed courses) that are on loan that month as part of the program. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 3588
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 4:54 PM

After reading this post I just realized that I have this 'trial' course. My question is this: For how much longer do I have it as trial until I can't access it any longer as a trial?

mm.

mm.

Posts 9500
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 5:58 PM

Milkman:

After reading this post I just realized that I have this 'trial' course. My question is this: For how much longer do I have it as trial until I can't access it any longer as a trial?

mm.

If you are a Logos Now user you will have access to it for about a month as with a number of resources. This link explains this benefit - https://www.logos.com/now#ExclusiveBenefits

I'm guessing that you have until the end of December.

Here is a quote from that page:

Logos Now subscribers also get month-long, full-access previews to select resources. Subscribers have already enjoyed N.T. Wright’s Paul and the Faithfulness of God, Gerhard Vos’ five-volume Reformed Dogmatics, and a dozen other great resources—and new volumes are unlocked every month! Plus, Logos Now subscribers enjoy exclusive discounts and offers!

Posts 1394
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Bruce is right. If you look at the download date for that resource it prob says Dec 1. You will probably get a new course to try on Jan 1. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 3588
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:12 PM

I've been subscribed since October 28. I have Wright as a full license as well as Vos. But my question is since I've been subscribed for almost two months as a Logos Now user when did I get Heiser's course and when does it expire?

I'm assuming that I have full access to it (Heiser) for 30 days, but my questions are these:

• when does that 30 day free trial begin?
  • when does it end?
  • does my trial commence once I begin using the material?

mm.

Posts 3588
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:17 PM

Where did you find the information about "download date"?

Myke Harbuck:

I'm pretty sure Bruce is right. If you look at the download date for that resource it prob says Dec 1. You will probably get a new course to try on Jan 1. 

mm.

Posts 1394
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:19 PM

Milkman:

I've been subscribed since October 28. I have Wright as a full license as well as Vos. But my question is since I've been subscribed for almost two months as a Logos Now user when did I get Heiser's course and when does it expire?

I'm assuming that I have full access to it (Heiser) for 30 days, but my questions are these:

• when does that 30 day free trial begin?
  • when does it end?
  • does my trial commence once I begin using the material?

go to your library, right click on any of the column labels, and that will display a list of all columns. One will be a download date (not at computer at the moment so don't know name of the field - but u will see it). Click it to make that field display in your library panel and you'll see when it was downloaded  (Likely Dec 1).  You have 30 days from that date. 

You will likely get another douse to try on Jan 1 if Faithlife continues the practice. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 1394
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:20 PM

Milkman:

Myke Harbuck:

if my last post doesn't help, reply and i will go to my computer and get u some screen shots. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 3588
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:28 PM

Ok, got it. Thanks and good to know that. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next one and by the way how do you know what the next one will be? I'm assuming at the beginning of each month there will be a new one?

Myke Harbuck:

Milkman:

Myke Harbuck:

if my last post doesn't help, reply and i will go to my computer and get u some screen shots. 

mm.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:28 PM

I tried searching License:Temporary ... no Mobile Ed showing up for me.  Looks like Verbum Now is out.

Sad

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS