Posts 1138
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2021 3:27 PM

Scott Warner:

Frank Sauer:

Check winecfg. Default should be Win10 and LogosIndexer.exe should be Vista

How exactly do I check this?

If you are using the ferion scripts then go to your Logos dir and run:

./controlPanel.sh winetricks

If you aren't using the ferion script then I would recommend you do.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1
Ben Mordecai | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2021 3:16 PM

Not to derail this thread, but has Logos ever seriously considered migrating to an electron app?

They are already using a lot of rich web content and have to manage multiple platforms of both desktop and mobile. If it were designed for an electron app, a Linux port would be trivial.

Posts 4
Scott Warner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 12:27 AM

I am using the ferion scripts.

I am not sure how to use winetricks to make the changes, though.  Would someone be willing to write that out or point me to where I can figure that out?

Thanks,
Scott

Posts 1138
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 2:22 PM

Scott, Try this:

./Logos.sh winetricks

Select default prefix.

Change settings.

Windows version.

It's in there but I think you've probably got the right settings already if you ran the script. I'm thinking you have a dependency issue. For this reason I would follow the winehq guide to make sure you are running the latest version of wine with all dependencies installed. Then just move the appImage and the scripts will default to running off your system wine. You'll likely get an error message the first time you run it but press OK and it should run anyway.

It's easier to help you on telegram. Please join the channel and ask there if you need help.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Page 59 of 59 (1164 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 | RSS