Linux version of Logos Bible Software

Page 60 of 60 (1185 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60
This post has 1,184 Replies | 59 Followers

Posts 152
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 10:40 AM

Third time lucky...?

I got a version of Logos 9 installed. This time when asked whether I wanted to use the AppImage version of Wine--which I had chosen the previous two times--I selected "native Wine". The install proceeded without hiccup (I copied resources just before choosing to launch Logos for the first time). But I get a "Program Error" every time I start Logos, which the dialog says "can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine."

I'm suspecting a deficiency in Wine. If I select "Show Details", right at the bottom, in System Information, I find "Wine build: wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1)".

Is there a way to update Wine and get this working?

Posts 1145
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 1:29 AM

I would suggest to install a more recent version of wine from winehq. I had great success with wine 6 through 6.5. There are some recent regressions we are hoping to get worked out before wine 7.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 152
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 7:41 AM

Hi John,

What are the implications for other programs I run in Wine? Will they get 'tipsy' with an upgrade...?

Posts 1145
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 8:11 AM

There's always a chance things can break with an update. Especially the dev branch. Wine 6.0.1 should be a safe bet. Wine is of its nature unsupported by the software vendors so one has to accept a level of unpredictability that said in my experience it mostly works like magic;)

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 899
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2021 9:19 AM

I tried a couple of times to using the fast appimage script and the appimage Wine bottle and everything worked until I got to the Logos login screen. I entered my credentials (yes, the password is correct). I get an unable to connect box asking me to try again, and the box has an option to change proxy setting. What to do?

Page 60 of 60 (1185 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 | RSS