Linux version of Logos Bible Software

Page 72 of 72 (1428 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72
This post has 1,427 Replies | 66 Followers

Posts 1272
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 6:16 AM

In the meantime there is the webapp.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 8
James Bernard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 6:56 AM

Yeah, suppose!

That'll be a first for me haha!

Posts 8
James Bernard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 7:04 AM

Hey John,

Wine just got updated to 7.8 and Logos is now working fine. On a lower mem system Logos crashed while indexing. Did the stand alone indexing and now working fine too.

Thank you for the great work you're doing SmileYes

James

John Goodman:

For the terminal log: launch logos in a terminal not with a shortcut. E.g. Logos.sh or wine64 /path/to/logos.exe

Then in your terminal app e.g. konsole, save the terminal output to a text file and include attach it to the bug report. Don't cut and paste as the dev's like to keep messages separate from logs.

thanks

Posts 6
Michael Gibbons | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 10:04 AM

Hi all,

I installed Logos through this method https://github.com/ferion11/LogosLinuxInstaller

Everything went fine but in order to run it, I have to run the bash script. But it created the icon as normal, yet they don't function. I'll click on the Logos icon and I get nothing. Any thoughts?

Posts 10
Dean Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 10:11 AM

Did you follow the video mp4 tutorial in the notes? I have noticed that the automatically created icon doesn't work, but if you create an actual shortcut through terminal (see video tutorial), that one should work (I think it is a slightly greener shade of blue than the not-working default icon, if I remember correctly).

Also, another workround I actually prefer: make a keyboard shortcuts, so if your bash script is in /home/folder1/.Logos.sh, then use a custom keyboard shortcut. The command would be "/home/folder1/.Logos.sh" and you can choose a preferred key combo as the shortcut, such as Super+L, which is what I use. Hope that helps!

Posts 974
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 10:20 AM

Michael Gibbons:

Hi all,

I installed Logos through this method https://github.com/ferion11/LogosLinuxInstaller

Everything went fine but in order to run it, I have to run the bash script. But it created the icon as normal, yet they don't function. I'll click on the Logos icon and I get nothing. Any thoughts?

I had to modify the .desktop file for Logos that was created by the script. Specifically, I had to modify the Exec line of the .desktop file to point to where the Logos.sh script is located. Then it worked.

Posts 974
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 10:20 AM

Michael Gibbons:

Hi all,

I had to modify the .desktop file for Logos that was created by the script. Specifically, I had to modify the Exec line of the .desktop file to point to where the Logos.sh script is located. Then it worked.

Posts 6
Michael Gibbons | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 11:22 AM

I’ll revisit the video thanks. I thought I followed it through but I guess I might have missed something

Page 72 of 72 (1428 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 | RSS