Logos 6.9 B1 running very slow, almost non-functional - PLEASE HELP

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1413
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2015 1:37 PM

Today I opened up Logos to work on a Mobile Ed course and discovered that no matter what resource I am in, I get the spinning beach ball when I try to make Logos do almost anything. 

It is esp apparent when I try to scroll down a page in a resource. 

I have tried restarting both the machine and the software. 

I am on OS 10.11. 

4353.Archive.zip

Please help! I'm basically outta commission right now. 

PS: Went down to just one resource - ESV - with no linking resources or filters / notes turned on, and still have the same issue. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 26524
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 2:30 PM

Myke Harbuck:

This is a risk that you accepted with the warnings about relying on a beta installation. You can't get help from Faithlife Customer Support and will have to rely on input from a Faithlife developer as there are a lot of error/warning messages that I don't understand.  I could only recommend a complete uninstallation followed by installation of the stable version (for quick installation take the second option in step 3 of wiki article, including the removal of Logos4 folder).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1413
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 2:57 PM

Dave Hooton:

Myke Harbuck:

This is a risk that you accepted with the warnings about relying on a beta installation. You can't get help from Faithlife Customer Support and will have to rely on input from a Faithlife developer as there are a lot of error/warning messages that I don't understand.  I could only recommend a complete uninstallation followed by installation of the stable version (for quick installation take the second option in step 3 of wiki article, including the removal of Logos4 folder).

Yes Dave, I'm well aware of the risks - I would tend to think it's a given that anyone jumping into the Beta program would be aware of such risks. But I really do appreciate your reply, though, very much! I did, however, think I could reach out on the forums for help with Beta issues before taking such drastic measures as a reinstall. 

So hopefully I'll get some input from one of the developers. I really don't want to reinstall if I can help. I have I ton of resources. Even if I dont have redownload them all, the first index build will take a day or more. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 26524
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:41 AM

Myke Harbuck:
So hopefully I'll get some input from one of the developers.

I can't guarantee when this will happen in the holiday period or if there will be a solution other than reinstalling, but I hope there will be a response on Monday.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1413
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 11:40 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Today I opened up Logos to work on a Mobile Ed course and discovered that no matter what resource I am in, I get the spinning beach ball when I try to make Logos do almost anything. 

It is esp apparent when I try to scroll down a page in a resource. 

I have tried restarting both the machine and the software. 

I am on OS 10.11. 

4353.Archive.zip

PS: Went down to just one resource - ESV - with no linking resources or filters / notes turned on, and still have the same issue. 

This seemed to be resolved by the option: set Show Passage List Visual Filter to no. I saw Bradley recommend this to someone with an L6 problem just like I was having. I tried it and it worked. 

Just wanted the developers to know so that they can address this isn the Beta as well. I was almost non-functional until I did this. I still hang up some, but NOTHING like before. And what's weird: I already had all my Visual Filter options for open resources unchecked, even for this option. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2016 2:23 PM

Myke Harbuck:
This seemed to be resolved by the option: set Show Passage List Visual Filter to no. I saw Bradley recommend this to someone with an L6 problem just like I was having. I tried it and it worked. 

Would you try enabling this on the current Beta, 6.9 Beta 3?  To do this type set Show Passage List Visual Filter to yes.  If you are still experiencing the extreme slowness, we would need a sampling of the issue.  Just like before enable logging with the utility, recreate the slowness and click sample.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS