more inductive symbols

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Amber Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:03 PM

I would like to suggest that you add these highlighting symbols and inductive symbols to the application.  

I would like to suggest a few highlights to be added to the marking portion - can you put in a clock to denote time; multiple colors of clouds and circles, and different colored boxes (the outline); believe is highlighted in green and outlined with book (similar to law) this would be extremely helpful

Posts 26476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:21 PM

Welcome to the forums. Are you aware that you can make your own palettes with whatever additional symbols you would like? This could tide you over until Faithlife updates the Inductive symbols.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
Amber Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:31 PM

Thank you.  are you referring to the multiple options for combining highlights boxes, symbols, etc?  I do alot of combinations for my inductive studies but still feel limited in what I can do with that.  I do alot of inductive studies so I use alot of them.  There are alot for the average user but for those of us that do inductive studies we love these features and the ability to help with Bible study.  

Posts 26476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 7:11 PM

No, I am referring to creating your own palette and importing images into it. See https://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting#Creating_Custom_Palettes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
Amber Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 8:55 PM

Ok, how would I do that on my phone or do I need to do that on my computer?  I have not figured out how to use the highlights on the computer.....

Posts 26476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 9:01 PM

I don't use a phone - only a computer - so I can't answer your question.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 9:13 PM

Amber Davis:

Ok, how would I do that on my phone or do I need to do that on my computer?  I have not figured out how to use the highlights on the computer.....

You can't do this in the mobile apps on the phone

Try working through the information in the link MJ provided.

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 7:23 AM

This was not a helpful to me link. I just want to find the new Inductive/Precept Palette that supposedly was added this past summer. My Logos has not been updated. Then I would like to add my own markup symbols. I have been searching the web/posts/forums/blog for help for over an hour. Please help. :) Thanks!

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 7:26 AM

I've been over & over the link MJ gave & it does not address adding new markup symbols. I also want to resize the symbols. My Logos has not updated my Inductive Palette to the Inductive/Precept Palette where perhaps there are more symbols. I used to be able to find symbols online & import them into Logos. Is that no longer possible? Thank you.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 11:36 AM

Angelia Ulrich:
My Logos has not updated my Inductive Palette to the Inductive/Precept Palette where perhaps there are more symbols.

Logos has four palettes that cannot be modified: e.g. INDUCTIVE/PRECEPT

INDUCTIVE/PRECEPT palette can be duplicated:

INDUCTIVE/PRECEPT (2) palette can be renamed (as desired). Also styles can be added, edited or moved.

Personally renamed INDUCTIVE/PRECEPT (2) to INDUCTIVE - PRECEPT followed by adding a new style

Choose Alarm Clock image file (transparent gif icon) plus changed location to Left Margin, color, and size

Highlighted clock with new "Clock Left Margin" style:

Faithlife group Logos Visual Filters => https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/documents has ICONIC SYMBOLS - TRANSLUCENT palette that can be copied, which includes Alarm Clock image.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2016 3:44 PM

Thank you SO much! I now have more to work with & customize. Appreciate your quick help.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2016 12:43 AM

Personally customized my INDUCTIVE - PRECEPT styles to be images before (without text modification) so can use them with my other visual filters.

Logos wiki => Examples of visual filters has Logos Greek Morphology so can "see" range of Greek verbal expression.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 2:09 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Personally customized my INDUCTIVE - PRECEPT styles to be images before (without text modification) so can use them with my other visual filters.

Follow-up to this thread is progress on a set of Inductive precept visual filters that can be used with Logos Greek Morphology filters or a filter with intertextual relationships in blue text:

Since use single green underline for preposition, changed double underline for locations: brown for land and blue for water.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 9:58 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Follow-up to this thread is progress on a set of Inductive precept visual filters that can be used with Logos Greek Morphology filters or a filter with intertextual relationships in blue text:

Published to Faithlife Group Logos Visual Filters => https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters

Highlighting Palette "Inductive - Precept" is used by visual filters that begin with "Inductive - Precept"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 4:09 AM

When I go to the Faithlife visual filter/documents link, I am told there are no documents. I'm just clicking on the link you provided so it's not a problem with me typing the address properly. Have you been there recently? I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 9:31 AM

Pat Browne:
When I go to the Faithlife visual filter/documents link, I am told there are no documents.

Faithlife group Logos Visual Filters documents => https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/documents 

If no documents appear, then click Follow OR Join

After clicking Join (OR Follow), page changes focus to About so click Logos Documents

Filter Documents to show "Inductive - Precept" Highlighting Palette and Visual Filters

Click Action followed by clicking Copy

Switch to your Logos OR Verbum, then click sync arrows to download copy of document(s) for your use:

Open a Bible. If "Inductive - Precept" visual filter(s) have search results, then they appear in Visual Filter menu:

Screen shot has one more visual filter enabled: "SGNTSyntacticForce = Subject" with yellow background for subject.

Visual filter "Label Intertext + Quotation: Blue Letter" highlights OT and NT references in Blue with Bold Quotations

Thankful for printed Jesus-Centered Bible by Group Publishing that has Blue letters in OT with boxes telling about forward pointing reference(s) in NT.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2017 4:06 AM

You were right. I had not joined that group. Now that I have, all the documents show up. However, I don't know how to read or copy them.

The action button has a copy feature but I don't know where the copy goes (I don't even know if it really does copy). So I'm now on the page and the documents are there but what are the steps I need in order to access the content of the documents?

Posts 26476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2017 3:41 PM

Click copy. It will be copied into your documents and be visible as if you had created the document yourself.

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:51 PM

I had tried that but had no results. Then I was told to copy the document and then synchronize on my Logos home page. That one showed up. But we have several others on our Group Page. They all have the same name and they are all about highlighting. I haven't been able to get any of them copied. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 8:55 PM

Pat Browne:
But we have several others on our Group Page. They all have the same name and they are all about highlighting.

Faithlife group "Precept Philippians Study" => https://faithlife.com/precept-philippians-study/documents currently has six "Inductive Bible Study (Precept)" highlighting palettes. Currently three people from Precept Ministries have participated, who are different than the ones who published their highlighting palettes. Can copy one at a time; learning the "same name" has some different style sets (with the other styles duplicated from standard Inductive/Precept palette)

• confidence in flesh
  • circumstances
  • green underline
  • imprisonment

Oldest " Inductive Bible Study (Precept)" highlighting palette has the four additional styles plus many duplicated from "Inductive/Precept"

The "Getting Started | A quick orientation" discussion includes video link => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJO74uUH58c includes using the standard "Inductive/Precept" highlighting palette already in Logos for manually marking key words.

Faithlife group "Logos Visual Filters" => https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/documents has one "Inductive - Precept" highlighting palette that is used by five visual filters whose names begin with "Inductive - Precept" with screen shots earlier in this thread => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/121104/872384.aspx#872384

Currently have found seven personal pronouns in NASB 95 added by translation committee (italics) that lack <Person Paul> tagging so have manually highlighted them:

Note file shows Person from Highlighting Style label.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS