Suggestion: J.I. Packer's "Knowing God"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Benjamin Giselbach | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:28 AM

I'm surprised J.I. Packer's "Knowing God" isn't on Logos yet. Can we get a community pricing option?

Posts 990
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:40 AM

As Packer is not even dead yet and there will therefore be over 75 years of copyright left on his books the short answer is that community pricing will not be an option.

Posts 5
Benjamin Giselbach | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:43 AM

Oh, I think I see. Thanks for the reply. I'm new to Logos. What needs to happen for the good Logos team to add Packer's "Knowing God"? 

Posts 21355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:51 AM

Benjamin Giselbach:

Oh, I think I see. Thanks for the reply. I'm new to Logos. What needs to happen for the good Logos team to add Packer's "Knowing God"? 

Hi Benjamin - and welcome to the forums.

It seems as though there is some issue with getting this resource but it is being worked on. See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/106991.aspx for a relatively recent discussion on this

Graham

Posts 990
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:56 AM

Benjamin Giselbach:

Sorry for the brevity of my response, community pricing only really works where the book is out of copyright otherwise Logos would need the agreement of the publisher and more importantly royalties would prevent the bidding model from working (i.e. the more people who bid the more royalties that would be due which would drive up the cost, rather than meeting a preset cost)

Posts 1040
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 9:36 AM

Graham Criddle:

Benjamin Giselbach:

Hi Benjamin - and welcome to the forums.

It seems as though there is some issue with getting this resource but it is being worked on. See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/106991.aspx for a relatively recent discussion on this

Graham

This reminds me as she was one of the biggest proponents of getting this book back in Logos, it's been a really long time since Rosie posted on the forums. Doesn't feel the same without her.

Posts 2846
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2018 7:08 AM

Agreed... please bring this back

Posts 351
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 10:13 PM

Note the good news on this thread.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS