Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 1 2016 6:42 AM

Haven't seen a direct link to this but the free book is:

JPS Bible Commentary - Exodus

https://www.logos.com/product/3929/the-jps-torah-commentary-exodus

The $1.99 book is, JPS Bible Commentary - Jonah

https://www.logos.com/product/3926/the-jps-bible-commentary-jonah

Posts 3297
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 6:51 AM

Thanks Bruce and what a great deal. Happy New Year!

mm.

mm.

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:28 AM

Sarna's Genesis commentary is a masterpiece. His Exodus one is also well done. Great idea for a free book.

The JPS Jonah commentary is also good--not the best on Jonah (Youngblood's new Zondervan title takes that prize, in my opinion), but still really good.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:29 AM

P.S. Don't be fooled by the Jonah commentary page count (52). The 40-or-so-page Introduction is numbered with Roman numerals, so the total page count is a little closer to 100.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:35 AM

Although I already owned both of these books I'm really pleased that Logos is offering such high quality resources as free books.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 9:51 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Although I already owned both of these books I'm really pleased that Logos is offering such high quality resources as free books.

Yes

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 10:37 AM

Bruce, I also had the whole JPS Commentary collection. But happy others can also a few of the books.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 11:04 AM

Big SmileYes

Posts 2148
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 3:31 PM

I have to agree with the comments above.  Although I already had them, I am very, very  pleased for the folks who didn't who do have them now.  

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2016 2:41 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Same here. I have found that the recent complimentary offerings are an excellent way of introducing family, friends and colleagues to Logos. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS