Personnel changes at Faithlife

Page 1 of 12 (238 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 237 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:16 AM

Today we laid off a number of team members here at Faithlife.

Faithlife is not in financial trouble.

Faithlife is still a profitable business. We intend to be here, supporting you, for many years to come.

But as in every business, things change. It's the job of the company's leadership to see, and hopefully even anticipate, changes in the marketplace and then to make changes in the business. That's what's happened here, only at a larger scale than happens in the normal day-to-day of business.

The simplest explanation of what we're doing is 'restructuring for sustainability.' We make digital goods; our largest expenses are payroll and royalties, so when we have to move any of the levers in the business, payroll is at the top of the list. There's almost no other lever to move.

This is an internal process, and I think in most businesses it's something you wouldn't even know about, but after some of the recent forum threads I thought it would be best to communicate this change pro-actively.

You should see little difference from the customer side, though there may be a particular staff member you know by name who is no longer with the company.

I don't want to get too deep into our specific circumstances -- and in a company our size they are complicated and interconnected -- but I can assure you that nothing has changed about our plan (and our ability) to profitably remain in business and to serve you for years to come.

The changes today are part of the ongoing process to ensure that.

-- Bob

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:23 AM

Thanks for the communication, Bob.

Posts 3137
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:23 AM

Bob, thank you for pro-actively making this announcement on the forums. Smile

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:28 AM

Bob Pritchett:

You should see little difference from the customer side, though there may be a particular staff member you know by name who is no longer with the company.

While I hope my salesman that I deal with is still with the company. If I email him and he is no longer will the email be forwarded on to someone else or will it be lost in limbo?

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:31 AM

Email to individuals should be automatically forwarded, and emails to general aliases should continue to be monitored.

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:34 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Email to individuals should be automatically forwarded, and emails to general aliases should continue to be monitored.

Thank You

Posts 67
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:37 AM

Appreciate the update on FL's business decisions, Bob. My prayers to those laid off. 

Posts 263
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:46 AM

Thank you so much for the communication, Bob.   I appreciate you and the Faithlife team.

Posts 487
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 12:04 PM

Thanks Bob for the update.  We do understand the economic climate we find ourselves in these days.  Just a suggestion, I would like to see more leverage with the sales staff - special deals, discounts based on size of purchases, throw in a free book, etc.  It is difficult being in sales at any time and particularly today. If we think we will get a better deal working with a rep we will probably call or email.  He/she can then address our questions and suggest other purchases or options.  Otherwise we will usually just order what we want through the website.  Both the company and the customer benefits by good rapport between the customer and the sales rep.  

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 12:24 PM

Thanks Bob- and if any consolation to your employees I feel their pain- laid off as well- and I, like them, am making financial decisions today that effect all aspects of life- including FL- so like you I'll be making cuts as well.

Praying for them and their families that doors open quickly and the Lord sustains them during this time, its never easy during times of transition.

Posts 3181
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 12:44 PM

good luck.

mm.

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 1:18 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I am sure you had to give up some good employees and it was a tough decision. I know our prayers are for each who had to leave. We are grateful for their contributions.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 3:37 PM

Thanks so much for the communication Bob. You didn't have to do this but your transparency is appreciated. Even though it must be difficult for the family impacted by this it is good to hear that Faithlife is doing well and that you are positioning the company for long-term sustainability.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2087
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:12 PM

That happened to me once and turned out to be the move that galvanized me on to even better things.

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 8:49 PM

Bob Pritchett:

A few (laid-off employees) for the whole (Company/customers). I trusted they were duly warned and letters of references are prepared for each upon request. What a way to start a new year (2016)? I guess no time, is a good time, to be laid-off. Mainly, at the end of the day, bills have to be paid. 

I will resist the temptation to ask for the details (how many, male/female, age, years with the company, title, etc.). However, I trust you had some principle guidelines to do, what you had to do. I wonder what are their chances of finding another job soon? Is there any chance that some could be recalled in the future? I hope each has The Logos Bible Software to use in between jobs (Hint: A parting gift, if they don’t have it). I feel their pain! Much prayers!

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 9:57 PM

If you work for any corporation regardless on what type it is,you run the risk of being laid off or the company going out. If you want to avoid that,start up your own business(although that has risks on its own)otherwise know that you could end up looking for another job.

Hope those who got laid off found other job or not in a financial jam where they can afford to take the time and look for one.

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 10:13 PM

On the other hand, I tried to someone who knew something about Verbum products and was told there was nobody around. I was looking for a knowledgeable sales rep to help with a Verbum purchase -  no one was available and the sales rep I was speaking to told me knew nothing about that product line. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2828
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 8:36 AM

Thanks for the update and information.  It is never fun to fire someone, and it is never fun to be fired.  I am confident that all was done because it was necessary, and it was done in proper manner.  I am praying for those who lost their employment, and I praying for Faith Life.  Faith Life has been a blessing to me for years, and I trust its leadership.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 146
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 8:52 AM

Thanks Bob for reassuring

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 3:57 PM

I don't think anyone has posted this yet: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/article53186915.html

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 12 (238 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS