Logos 3.0g, Windows 7 64 bit (Parallels) disappearing windows - Help!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 21 2010 8:27 AM

I've trying to run L3 3.0g under Win 7 64 bit (English) installed in my Bootcamp partition under Parallels 5.  After trying to open a number of resources, suddenly all resource (child) windows inside the main application window disappeared!!!  Suspecting that the error happened because of insufficient memory (I realized later that Parallels 5 only allocated 1GB RAM to the VM), I shut down the app and windows, and gave Win 4GB RAM and 2 cores, restarted the windows and L3 again.

The app started with no child window (resources) open, which was expected because I asked L3 to open last workspaces, but then those resources that were there before the chihld window disappeared (such as the BHS-SESB, HALOT, NET Bible) cannot be opened from the Library anymore.  Nothing happens when I tried to open them.  I tried to redownload the resources but that didn't make a difference.

I didn't seem to have the problem under Win 7 32 bit (Chinese) under the same Parallels 5 - trouble is I accidentally deleted my Windows from my home directory and had to reinstall everything again.  Tongue Tied

My config - iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB/ 1.5TB (OSX 10.6.2)/ 500GB (Win 7 64 bit English Ultimate)/ Parallels 5 (build 5.0.9310).

I wonder if this could be an issue with Win 7 64 bit and L3 3.0g and how should I go about this problem?  If possible I wouldn't like to reinstall L3 again - it took me over 3 hours to install them all (discs and downloads and updates and so on)!   Many thanks in advance for all suggestions.  Smile

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 8:42 AM

I just created a new user account and L3 was running fine there.  So the application is not broken just the settings (perhaps some book pointers).  Does anyone know if there is any way to remove/ reset all application settings for L3?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS