Dictionaries not Showing up in Dictionary Factbook List

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 9 2016 8:28 AM

I'm following one of the tutorials in a Mobile Ed video on Old Testament Genres (OT201).  The tutorial is showing how to use the Factbook to research "a prophet" using the selection option  "as a person".

The tutorial highlights three resources in the Dictionary section and presents them as especially helpful for this particular study.  I have all three resources in my library, but as I follow the tutorial's process, only one of the three resources shows up in my Factbook Dictionary section.  I did a rebuild of the index thinking that might help, but my Dictionary list still only shows one of the three.

The three resources highlighted in the video are shown below.  The first one is the only one that shows up in my list even though I own all three.

1. Dictionary of Bible Themes 
  2. Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible
  3. New Bible Dictionary

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 9:31 AM

I have Dictionary of Bible Themes showing up, but unless I am overlooking them Baker Encyclopedia and New Bible Dictionary are missing in action (and I own both of them).

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 11:18 AM

Rick, that screencast in OT201 was using Logos 5 and the Bible Facts tool. This tool has been updated in Logos 6 to the Factbook. I have the New Bible Dictionary prioritized and cannot get it to come up in the dictionary section of the Factbook using the "A Prophet" in the box to search for. I can't even get it to come in when I use "Prophecy" in the box and I know the Heading is Prophecy, Prophets in NBD. The only thing I can come up with is the NBD is not tagged correctly.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 12:38 PM

A Topic Guide on Prophet (Topic) and Factbook on A Prophet (Person) differ as the guide includes NBD and Baker, as well as DBT

Factbook doesn't have Prophet as a topic, but does have Prophetess!

Where both have Prophecy as a topic, Factbook doesn't have NBD.

Definitely something for Faithlife to comment upon.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2016 2:47 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback--it's very much appreciated.  I'll contact support and see if they can look into it, then report back here if they don't do it themselves.

Posts 987
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2016 10:14 PM

Yes, something seems to be amiss with the Prophet concept. We'll dig into this further.

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 9:41 AM

Sean Boisen:

Yes, something seems to be amiss with the Prophet concept. We'll dig into this further.

Thank you Sean!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS