Suggestions for upgrading from Word Biblical Commentary 54 Volume

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 71
Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:15 PM

I was looking at upgrading my Word Biblical Commentary library but there does not seem to be a good option . . . unless I am mistaken.  There does not seem to be a direct upgrade from the old 54 Volume collection to the current 59 volume collection.  It seems as though the 6 Volume upgrade only has three volumes that I don't currently have (6B, 34B, & 46) [the other 3 volumes Logos has already updated for me . . . though I don't remember asking them and the originals are no where in my L3 or L4 installations . . . by the way I just fired up my L2 installation and the old versions are still there.  I'm not sure if there is a way to get them into L4 or not.]   The volumes not contained in the 6 Volume upgrade (as best I can tell) are 18a, 19, 24, 25.

Am I better off just buying separate?  And why did Logos upgrade volumes that I didn't purchase the upgrade for (not that I am complaining . . . too much . . .although I would like the original volumes as well)?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:25 PM

This is a Thomas Nelson product. They have continued to release new and updated volumes but have not packaged the latest ones together. At one time Nelson was willing to give a special price to those who owned the other WBC volumes for you to buy them a volume at a time. You had to contact them directly for this. You can find them on the Internet.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 71
Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:01 AM

Thanks . . . I email Nelson. 

Is there anyway to get back the orginal volumes of WBC, so I can use them side by side with the ones Logos updatef . . . they are still in L2 when I open it up, but they have been removed and "upgraded" in L3 and L4?

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS