Logos 6 will not start/run

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Bill Hicks | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 15 2016 6:31 PM

To say that I am frustrated with support is an understatement.

I am not computer savvy. I have tried to follow the instructions and all I get is flack from someone who clearly does not understand I need help even telling what is wrong.

I am willing to talk with a human directly even if he/she is in India.

How do I locate a real human who can help?

Bill Hicks

willychuck@aol.com

Posts 26105
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 7:00 PM

Well you get a real person by calling the correct phone number which requires that we know whether the problem is with the Faithlife software or with the operating system or with the hardware. I assume from your tone that you have already called Faithlife and not gotten results? Is that because they determined that the problem was not in their software ...  Or the forums are full of real humans who will try to talk you through problem resolution and direct you to the right phone number if we can't solve it.

What happens and what errors do you see when you try to run Logos? What platform are you running it on?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24698
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 8:54 PM

Bill Hicks:
I have tried to follow the instructions and all I get is flack from someone who clearly does not understand I need help even telling what is wrong.

Bill, I assume you are referring to my response at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/122958/803318.aspx#803318

The first part related to posting lengthy messages which makes it difficult for anyone to diagnose compared to uploading the original files, which provide context and the ability to search for relevant information.

But I got enough of an idea to recommend (in the second part) updating Logos via this link ---> click it to download LogosSetup.exe and then run setup (double-click the file) to update Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2016 6:58 AM

Bill Hicks:
To say that I am frustrated with support is an understatement.

For clarification: The forums are first and foremost a user supported means of help. If you need to get "official" support from FL, please call customer service. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS