Is it necessary to have Logos 6 and Verbum?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
nobody | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 24 2016 7:29 AM

I have an interest in Catholic as well as Protestant works (Orthodox too). So do I really need the Verbum software as I see everything in that library is coming up in my Logos 6 library? I would rather just have the one and have everything in there as I have a feeling that both programs downloaded separate files for the Catholic files. My main interest would be the Protestant stuff, so it would be nice to just have the Verbum stuff in there rather than as a separate tool. I'm guessing I can just delete Verbum and have everything in Logos, but I just want to make sure before doing anything. Thanks.

Posts 1222
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 8:01 AM

I use Logos 6 but I purchased a verbum base package also. Logos will just download the extra resources.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 8:03 AM

Dave Kinsella:
So do I really need the Verbum software

There are slight differences as Verbum is geared towards Catholic users, but for the most part they are the same. You don't <need> to have both. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 8:29 AM

Dave Kinsella:
So do I really need the Verbum software as I see everything in that library is coming up in my Logos 6 library?

Not need both Logos 6 and Verbum; can use command Set Verbum to Yes/No in Logos 6 to match Verbum (Yes) or Not (No).

Personally have Logos 6 update using Beta channel and Verbum update using stable channel. Having Logos 6 and Verbum 6 open at the same time can be useful (especially when modifying collections since each application can have Collections and Library open):

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS