Faithlife Groups Document Feature

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 26 2016 6:36 PM

Here's something I'd like to see in a future Logos desktop app update, but I would want it to be an option customer could enable or disable just in case they didn't want to see it.

When one joins a Faithlife group that contains Logos documents, the documents associated with that group could automatically appear inside the Documents menu inside the Logos desktop app with a button next to them giving users the option to connect to them and add the documents to their libraries (this could also work with collections, etc.). It would help me discover more documents uploaded to Faithlife groups I join.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2043
LogosEmployee

Nathan Parker:

Here's something I'd like to see in a future Logos desktop app update, but I would want it to be an option customer could enable or disable just in case they didn't want to see it.

When one joins a Faithlife group that contains Logos documents, the documents associated with that group could automatically appear inside the Documents menu inside the Logos desktop app with a button next to them giving users the option to connect to them and add the documents to their libraries (this could also work with collections, etc.). It would help me discover more documents uploaded to Faithlife groups I join.

Thanks!

Have you seen the Groups tool accessed from the Tools menu? From there you can select the group you want, then switch from News to Documents and see a list of all the documents in that group. Click the Connect link to have the application add the document to your list of locally available documents.

Additional details can be found under the "Groups Tool" heading in your Logos 6 Help resource: logosres:logos4help;hw=Groups_Tool

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 8:33 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Nathan Parker:

Thanks!

Have you seen the Groups tool accessed from the Tools menu? From there you can select the group you want, then switch from News to Documents and see a list of all the documents in that group. Click the Connect link to have the application add the document to your list of locally available documents.

Additional details can be found under the "Groups Tool" heading in your Logos 6 Help resource: logosres:logos4help;hw=Groups_Tool

I've glanced at it but haven't really looked into it enough. I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Good to know it's there!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS