Advanced Hyperlinks for App Launchers (Alfred)

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 71
Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 1 2016 9:40 AM

I use Alfred as a launcher on my Mac.  I have been experimenting with creating custom hyperlinks to allow me to quickly open up a passage or search in Logos just using a couple of strokes on the keyboard.  For instance, I can press CMD+Space then type "l gen 1.1" and it will open up logos to Genesis 1.1.  What I would like to do is to be able to search a specific document via a hyperlink, but I cannot figure out how to do it.  In particular, I would like to search the Edinburgh Westminster Confession.  I cannot figure out a combination. Below are the hyperlinks I have set up in Alfred so far, in case they are helpful for anyone.

• Pull up a passage in the ESV - logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.{query}
  • Search for keywords in the bible - logos4:Search;kind=Bible;q={query}  -Also, this only allows for search of the most recent searched version.  Is there anyone to specify?
  • Search for keywords in my library - logos4:Search;kind=Basic;q={query} -Again this default to whatever I was searching last "Everything", "All Open Resources", etc.  I would love to specify 

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Posts 1
James Ryan Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 5:30 PM

Hello there. I am very interested in being able to do all the things you have mentioned. I was wondering if you could help me get the ball rolling and then maybe we can help eachother as we come up with other ideas. I am just not sure where to copy and paste your current commands. Can you help me? thank you!!

Posts 18
Dan Thomas Tveita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 3:53 AM

Hi,

Im also using Alfred, but not with Logos. Did you (or anyone else) figure this out? Also, im wondering how you made your passage-workflow. How do you send the logosres: command to Logos?

Posts 26811
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 2:17 PM

Dan Thomas Tveita:

Hi,

Im also using Alfred, but not with Logos. Did you (or anyone else) figure this out? Also, im wondering how you made your passage-workflow. How do you send the logosres: command to Logos?

This is an old thread, and I presume you are using Logos 8?

If you can create a hyperlink, then you should use the ref.ly format as that is designed for use in programs external to Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:07 PM

I also know this is an old thread, but I've make a Alfred Workflow for Logos available here: https://github.com/vmitchell85/logos-alfred-workflow

Feel free to request changes, updates, etc

Posts 314
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 5:49 AM

Thanks for this... this is a great help! I copied and changed one to work with the NKJV. 

What would be great would be to be able to launch a Bible search from Alfred.

Something like "LS" followed by a search term or phrase. Would that be possible?

Thanks again for making this available!

Posts 19
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 6:03 AM

I've updated the workflow to include NKJV and added library, bible, and media searches:

https://github.com/vmitchell85/logos-alfred-workflow

Posts 314
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 9:08 AM

Fantastic - thanks!

Posts 18
Dan Thomas Tveita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:20 AM

This is a really nice workflow. Very easy to add resources (although it would be absolutely awesome if it was possible to open resources/commentaries/etc as well — not just search for them).

It doesnt bring Logos to focus when the application is on another space, though. I don't know if thats a bug for you guys as well? 

Anyway, in my own workflow I use applescript:system events to navigate to logos using the Dock, with keystrokes. Its not pretty, and a little slow. But it works. Do you have a better solution to this, Vince? 

Posts 18
Dan Thomas Tveita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:39 AM

And one humble question/request: Is it possible to add a query for searching lemmas in lexicons or bible-word-study?

Posts 2
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:36 AM

This is AMAZING!! thank you so much, Vince. I've been waiting for someone tech-savvy and skilled enough to do what you've done for about 2 years. This is going to be a game-changer for me. 

One question: the Bible shortcut doesn't seem to work properly for books of the Bible with numerals in the prefix... like 1 Corinthians 13:4 or 1 John 4:7. Or is it just me?

For instance, the command "Bible 2 Corinthians 10" doesn't do anything. However, "Bible 2 Corinthians" does bring up 2 Corinthians, I'm just unable to specify chapter and verse for Bible books prefixed with numbers.  

Posts 314
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:45 AM

Try leaving out the space between numeral and letters: 3john5 instead of 3 John 5

Posts 2
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:52 AM

that's done the trick! Thank you so much fellow Alfred/Logos user!

Posts 19
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 10:16 AM

I've updated the workflow to fix the issue with opening "2 Corinthians 4:3" and similar passages.

I've also added the feature requests from Dan to the issues list: https://github.com/vmitchell85/logos-alfred-workflow/issues

I'll see if I can get those working as well as I have time.

Happy to see people getting good use out of it, if you'd like to support development you can buy me a coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kgn867ldz

Thanks,

- Vince

Posts 19
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:23 AM

I've added a search feature to open specific resources... let me know if you have any issues with it, I haven't confirmed it will work for others also.

Posts 6
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 3:00 PM

Hi Vince, wondering if you could perhaps include functionality to allow copy/paste options via Alfred? Word/Mac functionality no longer allows one to use the "Cmd+Shift+E" buttons to insert a Bible verse. Would it be easy to create this kind of functionality? 

Posts 314
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 4:17 PM

Charles Vermeulen:
Word/Mac functionality no longer allows one to use the "Cmd+Shift+E" buttons to insert a Bible verse

I had to go back and download a previous version of Word from December of 2020 and replace the updated word file in the applications folder with it to get that functionality to work again.

It seems to be a word problem and not a Logos problem. But I hope Logos can find a work around for us!

Posts 19
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 4:21 PM

@Charles can you explain more what you want to do? I presume you copy the verse from Logos, and you want to paste it into Word. I expect that you want a link of some sort instead of just the verse copy?

Thanks,

- Vince

Posts 6
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 9:21 PM

MWW:

Charles Vermeulen:
Word/Mac functionality no longer allows one to use the "Cmd+Shift+E" buttons to insert a Bible verse

I had to go back and download a previous version of Word from December of 2020 and replace the updated word file in the applications folder with it to get that functionality to work again.

It seems to be a word problem and not a Logos problem. But I hope Logos can find a work around for us!

I might just end up doing what you did - I really miss the convenience, it's a surprisingly big deal for me. 

Posts 6
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 9:29 PM

Essentially Vince—and forgive the technological/coding presumption—I was wondering if it's possible for Alfred to work in the background, grab a reference and copy it to the clipboard and have it be ready to paste into word. 

Hope that makes sense, 

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS