Argh! Prepub won't show up! EDIT: FIXED!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24
Casey Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:01 AM

Hey all, I ordered the IVP Dictionary prepub (Historical books and Pentateuch), but Logos 4 won't discover it.  I have my system set to "automatically download updates" and even when I type "update now" into the command line, it says there's nothing to download.  Logos' site says the resources are live.  Am I missing something?  I'm teaching from Exodus 2 tonight, and would really like to have access to those resources before too late in the day.  HELP!

Posts 18899
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:04 AM

CaseyScott:

Hey all, I ordered the IVP Dictionary prepub (Historical books and Pentateuch), but Logos 4 won't discover it.  I have my system set to "automatically download updates" and even when I type "update now" into the command line, it says there's nothing to download.  Logos' site says the resources are live.  Am I missing something?  I'm teaching from Exodus 2 tonight, and would really like to have access to those resources before too late in the day.  HELP!

Have you closed Logos and restarted it yet since you've done all of the above? It needs to be restarted in order to recognize and download new resources.

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:06 AM

You are not the only one....I've been trying to get mine since yesterday evening...

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 24
Casey Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:08 AM

Well, Chuck, I'm glad to know I'm not alone... but it still stinks! Stick out tongue

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:19 AM

Just now received my email and downloaded it....strange it is a Libronix update, not a Logos 4 update.

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:25 AM

Here's the normal process for prepubs:

• The prepub goes live.
  • After this, Logos staff manually process the prepub orders. When they've processed yours, you'll get an email which includes a Logos 3 update attachment. Depending how many orders there are, it can take sometime for all of them to be processed.
  • After you've received your email you should ignore the attachment, and instead load Logos 4. The new resource should get updated automatically, if it doesn't, type "update now" in the command bar.
Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:00 AM

Casey, try "Update Resources"

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9263
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:20 AM

Mark Barnes:
After you've received your email

This seems to be the critical issue. Logos may not actually process your card and update your license until right before it mails this out. Until that time your license file does not show the purchase. I've received resources sometimes a day after others have reported them. I think  this is the reason.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:29 AM

It must go in order that the pre-pub was ordered, another reason to jump on them quickly Big Smile  And I just found out my update is in, too bad I am at my day job and unable to download it until tonight Sad

In Christ,

DP

<><

Posts 59
Westie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:35 AM

I downloaded the resource into L3 from the logos.com, then I synced my license in L3.  This worked.

Mark

Posts 24
Casey Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:28 AM

Yay!!!!  Thanks all, I'm back up and running.  Books are now indexing.  It was quite a process.  Logos CS, that might be good to include in the email, or better yet, on the webpage when you order a prepub.  This was my first prepub, and despite this little hiccup, I was very pleased with how it went.

Thanks again to all of you for your help, good suggestions all.  God Bless.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS