Shipping today: NLT Old Testment Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 38
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:10 AM

Have you once or twice wondered why the NLT has a reverse interlinear for the New Testament, but not for the Old Testament? Do you even happen to have a license to the New Living Translation (NLT) reverse interlinears?

For everyone who has been practicing the spiritual fruits of patience and perseverance, you'll be thrilled to hear that the English-Hebrew alignment of the NLT OT is shipping today! We realize this has been a long time coming, and we are so excited to unveil it to the Logos/Faithlife world.

As it happens, the original alignment files were lost in the annals of time, only to be recovered in the last year (not unlike an Indiana Jones movie!) and converted to work in Logos 6. So, with just a bit of that ole Logos magic, the NLT now has interlinear data covering the entire canon.

Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

Posts 1301
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:43 AM

For clarification: In Logos 4 and some other subsequent packages, a license for the NLT OT Reverse Interlinear was included. Folks who have had the license should now have the OT Reverse Interlinear data available.

So, for y'all who have been patiently waiting (as Isaiah rightly notes, thank you), you should now (or soon after downloading) have access to the entire reverse interlinear for the NLT.

(PS: MJ, "entire canon" == "protestant 66-book canon" in this context)

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:28 PM

Thanks!

Are there any more interlinears planned?

P A

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:34 PM

My NLT updated today, but I do not have the OT Reverse Interlinear.  Perhaps because I obtained the NLT on a Nelson CD, and didn't purchase  Logos base packages until Logos 5 Reformed Starter and 6 Bronze, never having purchased a Logos 4 base package?  My NLT resource info mentions only the 2009 English-Greek Reverse Interlinear New Testament New Living Translation.  It would be nice to have the OT Reverse Interlinear, just asking.

Edit: It was the Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade purchased Jan 2015 that added the NLT NT English-Greek Reverse Interlinear to my NLT.

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:54 PM

hmm

Try restarting Logos

P A

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:00 PM

I am very happy to hear this... The NLT use to be my favourite evangelical translation before NIV 2011 was released and I am delighted that the RI has finally been finished. HIP HIP HORAY!!!! Thank you Faithlife.

Party!!!

-Dan

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:05 PM

Well, I'm not sure if I had it in a L4 package or not, but I'm going to say "Yay" anyway, because I am sure that I will come across the need for it some day, and if only the NT was available, would have the question of "Hmmm, what happened to the OT interlinear?" Thanks Faithlife Smile

Posts 3311
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:55 PM

I haven't had time to get to my computer and login but I would assume this would come with a Logos 6 Base package or would it need to be bought separately?  I looked at the packages earlier today and I only saw the English-Greek NLT interlinear mentioned

Posts 1301
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 2:28 PM

Mattillo:
I haven't had time to get to my computer and login but I would assume this would come with a Logos 6 Base package or would it need to be bought separately?

I do not know the exact packages in which the NLT OT Reverse Interlinear was originally included. It was included with several (most?) Logos 4 packages; in the Logos 5 timeframe the NLT OT License was removed from configurations (not from those already licensed) because we didn't know if we would ever be able to finish it. So users who originally got it in that Logos 4-early Logos 5 time frame (and there are a significant amount) still have the license, and they should receive an update with the necessary resources. I do not believe it was included in Logos 6 packages, but I cannot confirm that (I'm on the data side, not product/marketing side).

The license to the NLT OT Reverse Interlinear is also (as of 6.10) included in Logos Now and Verbum Now.

As part of the process to include the NLT OT Reverse Interlinear in Logos Bible Software, the NLT NT Reverse Interlinear and the NLT itself were rebuilt, which will also be delivered for those who have these licenses.

Hope it helps.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 5:08 PM

This is exactly what I asked for a few months ago! Thanks a lot! I am so overjoyed. I know you guys really care about your customers. And I especially want to thank Bob for spinning the wheel a bit on this.

I have to say that thought I can read Greek, I really like the NLT, simply because I don't want my English to be Greeklish! I mean, I want my English to be English.  Yeah, there are interpretive decisions, but for the most part I am cool with them. The functional equivalent translations are definitely harder to line up with the Greek text, so I really commend the team on being able to do it!

It will be so cool to see how the translators rendered things, and very informative for a little Greek like me. I am looking forward to doing some searches on the new OT interlinear, the whole Bible, etc. Again, thanks!

By the way, people always say that if you know Greek, you will accept nothing other than a very literal translation like the NASB or KJV or even (a little more functional ones) like the ESV. But I contend that if you really know Greek, you would read it in Greek, and skip the whole bit about translations altogether.

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 5:09 PM

I already have the NLT, so I restarted my LOGOS BIBLE SOFTWARE Rick Brannan (Faithlife) and got the Application Update, but did not get the Reverse Interlinear for NLT (Neither OT or NT).

I have Logos 6 Gold.

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 5:38 PM

One can own the NLT without owning the license to the RI which was a Logos 4/early5 item.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 6:05 PM

Much appreciated. Thanks Faithlife!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 6:22 PM

Yes, well I do know that MJ. Smith So is that what has happened with me?

Am just trying to understand all of this?

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 6:36 PM

Kenute, did you own a Logos 4 base package? Rick said it was not included in later Logos 5 or Logos 6.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 7:37 PM

The NLT (New Living Translation) Greek-English Reverse Interlinear is included in the Logos Gold packages that I looked at, Standard, Reformed and Baptist.

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 7:39 PM

Kristine Lewis:

The NLT (New Living Translation) Greek-English Reverse Interlinear is included in the Logos Gold packages that I looked at, Standard, Reformed and Baptist.

But you are asking if the Hebrew-English Reverse Interlinear is included which from Rick's statement I assumed it was not ... but I have not checked.

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 7:47 PM

I am resigned to the fact that I do not own the license to the Hebrew-English OT Reverse Interlinear for NLT. 

But Kenute said he does not have the Greek-English NT Reverse Interlinear for NLT, owning a Logos 6 Gold package.  He should have the Greek-English Reverse Interlinear for NLT as far as I can see, looking at the contents of the Logos 6 Gold base packages for Standard, Reformed and Baptist.  I did not check the other base packages.

Posts 1301
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 7:55 PM

Regarding licenses: I'd say generally, if you have a question, get in contact with customer service (see: https://www.logos.com/contact) . They can look up your record and confirm what is and what is not licensed to your account.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 8:25 PM

Well, I have checked the LOGOS 6 GOLD, and it says that I should own the NLT English-Greek Reverse Interlinear.

UPDATE: I do have the New Testament, but not the Old Testament.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS