IVP OT release

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Mike Breen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 24 2010 2:57 PM

The update script will not launch on its own, and I can't find a program to use to launch it. ????? Thx in advance

Posts 52
RPW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:01 PM

Hi Mike,

Just had a similar experience myself. If you go to the Logos pre-pub site, you should see your IVP OT listed. There is a button there to click which will download and install the books. Hope this helps.

PR

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:03 PM

Mike Breen:

The update script will not launch on its own, and I can't find a program to use to launch it. ????? Thx in advance

If you're only running Logos 4, you don't need to run the script (it's for v3).  Just restart Logos or type update now into the command box.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:20 PM

Another option is to go to your account at Logos.com; click on "Order History"; click on "View My Unlocks." The IVP OT should be listed at the top. Then just click on "Unlock and Download" and you're good to go! This will get the books into Logos 3. If you want it in Logos 4, then just start the program and it should download automatically.

Charlene

Charlene

Posts 19040
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:14 AM

As others have been reporting, not everyone seems to be getting the update at the same time. The best theory I've seen is that it takes a while for them to process all our credit cards, and those who ordered the pre-pub first will see it show up in L4 first. Many people who were not seeing it initially are reporting back that it's finally come. So it just takes a little while. Be patient. If not today, it'll probably be there tomorrow.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 1:43 AM

Rosie Perera:

As others have been reporting, not everyone seems to be getting the update at the same time. The best theory I've seen is that it takes a while for them to process all our credit cards, and those who ordered the pre-pub first will see it show up in L4 first. Many people who were not seeing it initially are reporting back that it's finally come. So it just takes a little while. Be patient. If not today, it'll probably be there tomorrow.

Rosie's exactly right! Like others I hadn't received my pre-pub nor any notification about it being charged to my account. I rang Logos and they simply 'hadn't got around to my account' - they processed it manually and 'hey presto', Logos 4 started to download it. My advice would be either to wait patiently, or email customer support as despite my own example, too many phone calls will only make things worse. So I guess its a case of not doing what I do but what I say!!!!!

Posts 19040
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 1:49 AM

Stephen Thorp:

My advice would be either to wait patiently, or email customer support as despite my own example, too many phone calls will only make things worse. So I guess its a case of not doing what I do but what I say!!!!!

My advice would be to wait patiently. Emails to Customer Service have been taking even longer to get replies than phone calls (my experience was 9 days) and by then they surely will have addressed your order anyway, so it won't speed things up for you. If you are really desperate to get it ASAP and don't mind waiting for about 30 minutes on hold, then call Customer Service. But realize that other users are in the same boat and Logos is just overwhelmed with all the orders due to the unexpected popularity of the software. So calling isn't really going to help them out of their overall overwhelmedness, it's only going to bump you up in priority ahead of someone else who is also waiting (fair enough if you have a deadline by which you really need this resource). See this blog post they put up recently:

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2010/02/help_us_help_you.html

And this is just yet another reason to get in early on pre-pubs in the future... It appears that, unlike the biblical order of things, in this case the first shall be first and the last shall be last. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS