Bible search, factbook not working

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 4 2016 8:09 AM

Bible search not giving any results when using the factbook queries (i.e <Person Moses>) Here are the steps: 1) Open Logos 6 2) Click the search Icon (Top left of my screen) 3) Select Bible Search 4) From the Factbook option click on <Person Moses> (this writes <Person Moses> on the find bar) 5) Hit Enter key Then I get 0 results Note1: If I do a Basic search (Instead of a Bible search) following the same steps, I get results (114 results in 112 articles in 13 resources) Note 2: If I do a Bible search , but instead of serching "<Person Moses>" I search "Moses" I get results (13277 results in 12,208 verses in 29 resources) Note3: I have already rebuild my bible index (rebuild bible index), I thought it was a problem since I upgraded from logos 4 to logos 6, so I uninstalled everything , deleted the "AppData\Local\Logos" and "AppData\Local\Logos4" folders and installed everything fresh. Still getting the same problem Below there is a screen shot of the problem. Also followed the instructions to report a problem, I am attaching the Log folder Ivan Munguia

By Factbook search , I mean a search using the query suggested on The FACTBOOK section , this is <Person Moses> see image below:

Here is an example how FACTBOOK searches working on Basic search (The problem is only on Bible search:

Here is the result from Basic Search <Person Moses>, but ordered by resource, sure enough , there are no bibles in the list of resources:

Also, here is the Information on the ESV Bible, under the Support Info:

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 9:44 AM

Hi Ivan - and welcome to the forums

Sorry you are having problems.

Ivan Munguia:
4) From the Factbook option click on <Person Moses> (this writes <Person Moses> on the find bar)

I don't quite understand what you mean by Factbook option. Are you entering "Moses" in the search box and then selecting <Person Moses> from the dropdown menu?

Ivan Munguia:
If I do a Basic search (Instead of a Bible search) following the same steps, I get results (114 results in 112 articles in 13 resources)

Please post a screenshot of this - this will give us an understanding of what resources you have.

Ivan Munguia:
so I uninstalled everything , deleted the "AppData\Local\Logos" and "AppData\Local\Logos4" folders and installed everything fresh. Still getting the same problem

That is rarely needed - but hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

What you describe could be explained by having no appropriately tagged Bibles (such as Reverse-Interlinears) but, hopefully, the Basic screenshot will provide further insight.

Do you have a Logos 6 basepackage, a crossgrade, or are you using the core engine?

Graham

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 12:40 PM

Hi Graham , thanks for the quick answer

By factbook I mean searching using the predefined queries on the FACTBOOK section , I uploaded an image for you to see what I mean. 

I also uploaded an image of the Basic Search as you requested

I have logos 6 Starter (Just bought it last week), I also own Logos 3 Original languages Library which adds some more resources to my library

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 12:50 PM

Hi Ivan

Thanks for the screenshots and the clarification - it sounds very strange.

Interesting that the Basic search results you show don't include Bibles - although I know they could be lower down the list.

What you describe could be explained by your reverse interlinears not having downloaded correctly.

if you open Bible, such as ESV, click the info button at the top right and scroll down to Support Info are there "revint" entries?

Please post a screenshot showing this information

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

This search requires the Biblical Referents Dataset for results in Bibles: https://www.logos.com/product/27287/biblical-referents-dataset 

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:15 PM

I updated the post to include all the resources found on the Basic Search , there are no Bibles there, 

Also , included a picture of the ESV Support information

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:27 PM

Hi Bradley , thanks for your answer. I think this solve the mystery. No wonder why all 3 technical support executives were puzzled by the problem. 

So, the problem is I don't have the dataset, I see the dataset you are referring comes with the Gold package or greater. Is there any way to buy just this dataset separatedly? 

Probably it will be a good idea to remove the factbook search suggestions from the Bible Search if the software detects you do not have the appropriated dataset, this will save a lot of time and frustration to other customers and tech support representatives

Regards,

Ivan Munguia

Posts 26107
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:50 PM

Ivan Munguia:
why all 3 technical support executives

There's really no such thing - just more experienced volunteers. Honestly, I suspect that the reason it didn't occur to any of them to question your base package was that you presented the problem so clearly - you didn't come across as an inexperienced or small/no base package user.

Ivan Munguia:
Is there any way to buy just this dataset separatedly? 

No but you can buy just a collection of datasets in the Core Crossgrade See correction below.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 2:07 PM

MJ., Ivan did say he had the Starter passage and that should have made me realise the issue

The thing that confused me is the Referrent search worked as a Basic search. Bradley, is that to be expected?

Posts 24700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 2:14 PM

MJ. Smith:
No but you can buy just a collection of datasets in the Core Crossgrade.

Feature Crossgrade is required for Biblical Referents dataset

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:

The thing that confused me is the Referrent search worked as a Basic search. Bradley, is that to be expected?

Yes, the search finds all references (to Biblical People) across your library. Some resources (the ones found by Basic Search) have those references hard-coded directly in the resources themselves. 

This is not the case for Bibles (or reverse interlinears). Those resources do not include the People/Places/Things references directly; instead, they come from the Biblical Referent Dataset and are dynamically merged in by the application.

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2016 10:12 PM

Thanks Bradley

Very helpful, Graham

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:20 PM

Hi, 

I now own the Biblical Referents Dataset ( by getting the Logos 7 Full Feature Set)

However I still have the same problem, a Bible search for <Person Moses> gives me 0 results.

Same with other searches like <Place Jerusalem>

Can anybody help me get this fixed?

Posts 24700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 16 2017 12:30 PM

What bibles do you have e.g. SBLGNT (Greek), ESV, NASB95, NKJV, LEB, NLT, NRSV, LHB (Hebrew)?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 16 2017 2:24 PM

Hi Dave

Your question made me realize what the problem is. 

I am a Bilingual user (English and Spanish) being Spanish my native language. Usually, the English-Spanish integration of Logos is AWESOME. I mean you can use the software in Spanish and use commands or Bible references in English and they work! Or you use the software in English, for example, a passage guide, and related resources in Spanish are also found. 

However, in this case, this kind of searches only work if you meet all these criteria:

1) the keyword must be <Person ...>  (If you use the software in Spanish you still have to use the keyword in English, <Persona > does not work)

2) The search word has to be in the native language, this is <Person Moses> y you are using the software in English, or <Person Moisés> if you are using the software in Spanish

3) The set of Bibles you use for the search must contain at least one Bible in English. And the results will be shown only in the English Bibles. 

So, If you fail to meet any of these 3 criteria the search gives you 0 results

So, I tried many different combinations, using the keyword in Spanish and English, and switching the software to Engish, but I did not change the set of Bibles to contain at least one in English until you gave me the clue! 

So I think we can call this issue solved, I just wish Logos Dev team will allow you to use <Persona> when you are using the software in Spanish, that you won't need to have an English Bible in the set of Bibles for the search to work and that the results will be also shown in you Spanish Bibles. 

Thanks for your answer Dave!

Regards,

Ivan Munguia 

Posts 17874
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 7:02 AM

Ivan Munguia:
Or you use the software in English, for example, a passage guide, and related resources in Spanish are also found. 

English search of 13 Spanish Bibles found results in two that have Reverse Interlinears

Reina Valera Revisada (1960) (RVR) has Interlinealeas in => https://www.logos.com/product/126951/esencial , => https://www.logos.com/es/producto/127877/silver-bilingual , => https://www.logos.com/es/producto/42608/verbum-esencial and higher packages

Tesoro Bilingüe => https://www.logos.com/es/producto/127881/tesoro-bilingue also includes Interlineal Inverso del NT- LBLA with La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Ivan Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 10:38 AM

Oh, good to know!. It seems only the RVR60 gave you results right?. The LBLA shows the red box empty. 

Thanks for your time checking this out!

Posts 17874
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 12:02 PM

Ivan Munguia:
It seems only the RVR60 gave you results right?. The LBLA shows the red box empty. 

LBLA has results in New Testament:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS