USERVOICE review: An improved scrollbar

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 34442
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 4:01 PM

An improved scrollbar

This is a request that I would like to see rewritten or otherwise clarified. Perhaps this is because I'm having a bit of problem visualizes the problem as described. I will admit that I rarely use the scroll bar, per se ... although I use the ends of the scroll bar frequently.  More frequently I simply scroll within the panel using the up and down arrow keys - the equivalent of the "drag" mode that is mentioned as the 4th potential solution .... which makes me wonder if this is a matter of training rather than a system modification.

I would be unhappy with scroll bars that did not behave as I expect from my other applications. I would be unhappy with major changes to how the reference box behaves. But others are free to disagree and if they do I would like to hear their reasoning.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1239
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 4:46 PM

I think that the auto bookmarks could solve some of the same issues if chapters appeared automatically.

Also I think some indication of time left at current reading speed for chapter and book would be super handy. It can be hard to tell if you are in a leaflet or a massive book.

I love the way [space] or [shift]+[space] gives an experience similar to flicking through a real book.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS