Software hangs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 12 2016 11:15 AM

Software hangs or freezes whenever I go to a new panel, try to scroll, search everything hangs or freezes.

6787.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:47 PM

When you say "hangs or freezes" what do you mean? How long does the hang/freeze last?

What are your computer specs.?

Posts 25886
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:56 PM

There is some hint of an issue but I recommend that you get a proper diagnosis by calling Tech Support and allowing them to log onto your computer.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8746
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 10:22 PM

It looks like you have a lot of Visual Filter documents. Even if these aren't currently enabled in a resource, they are run in the background when you open a resource, to determine if they're applicable. (And it also looks like you have about 20 resources open, which is compounding the problem.)

If you have some visual filter documents that you haven't used in a while, you might try deleting them to see if that helps speed up the program. (You can always restore them from documents.logos.com later if you need them.)

Here are some of the more expensive queries from those VF documents. (I don't know which VFs they come from, but you might recognise the queries.)

• {Speaker <Person God>} BEFORE 1 WORD (object,obtaining,of,old,on,"on him","on it",only,open,or,"other gods",ought,own,ox,"paid for her",pairs,payment,person,people,places,prepared,prove,regarded,removing,right)
  • ("as for any","as for me","as for me this is","as many as",ask,"a son",at,"base of",be,"be covered",belongs,belt,benefit,both,"both of","both the slave",bringing,but,by,"by company") BEFORE 1 WORD {Speaker <Person God>}
  • {Speaker <Person God>} BEFORE 1 WORD (same,seen,shall,"shall be the",shekels,still,some,"some of",son,sort,"so that","so that you will tell about",stand,stories,strike,taking,that,"that is","that which is","the amount of")
  • (come,compelled,confusion,covenant,day,days,descendants,down,dust,each,else,"ever fallen",every,"every kind",fall,fashion,"feast of",first,flies,for,from,generations,go) BEFORE 1 WORD {Speaker <Person God>}
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS