Problem with "Resource Scaling" and "Program Scaling" since outage of 4/23/2016 (Issue 1 of 2)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 24 2016 4:23 PM

Since the outage induced my the maintenance operations yesterday, I have discovered 2 issues.

1. When changing the "Resource Scaling" to 140% (actually any %), it also changes the "Program Scaling" on the next restart of Logos (while still retaining the 100% setting under program settings). This will be notices by the change in the home page. The thing is, that I am not completely sure if this issue was induced by a previous beta or the maintenance operations on 4/23/2016.

2. Issue 2 will be reported in the Android Beta forum, as that is a mobile issue.

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 1:19 PM

Anybody seeing the same thing as I?

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 2:46 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
1. When changing the "Resource Scaling" to 140% (actually any %), it also changes the "Program Scaling" on the next restart of Logos (while still retaining the 100% setting under program settings). This will be notices by the change in the home page.

If your steps are:

1. Ensure Program Scaling is 100%
  2. Note text size / scaling on Home Page
  3. Change ESV to a scaling greater than 100%
  4. Restart Logos
  5. Check Program Scaling is 100%
  6. Note text size / scaling on Home Page
  7. Check ESV scaling

then there was no change after I restarted Logos (steps 5 thru 7).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 7:06 PM

Dave Hooton:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
1. When changing the "Resource Scaling" to 140% (actually any %), it also changes the "Program Scaling" on the next restart of Logos (while still retaining the 100% setting under program settings). This will be notices by the change in the home page.

If your steps are:

3. Change ESV to a scaling greater than 100%
  4. Restart Logos
  5. Check Program Scaling is 100%
  6. Note text size / scaling on Home Page
  7. Check ESV scaling

then there was no change after I restarted Logos (steps 5 thru 7).

Thanks Dave; No, I am referring to when the "Default Resource Text Size" setting which is located under "Program Settings" is changed (which will change the default text size for all resources). It will change the default text size for every resource that I open (which is what I want), but it will also change the size of Home Page text (which I don't want). The steps that you listed work fine for any individual resource, on a resource by resource basis.

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 3:46 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I am referring to when the "Default Resource Text Size" setting which is located under "Program Settings" is changed

3. Change Default Resource Text size to be greater than 100%
  4. Note text size / scaling on Home Page ---> no change
  5. Restart Logos
  6. Check Program Scaling is 100%
  7. Check Default Resource Text size is same as at step 3.
  8. Note text size / scaling on Home Page ---> now greater than normal

Default Resource Text size does impact Home Page text size after a restart and consequently requires another restart to get it back to normal.

This applies to v6.11 and v 6.12 Beta 1

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 5:00 PM

Dave Hooton:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I am referring to when the "Default Resource Text Size" setting which is located under "Program Settings" is changed

3. Change Default Resource Text size to be greater than 100%
  4. Note text size / scaling on Home Page ---> no change
  5. Restart Logos
  6. Check Program Scaling is 100%
  7. Check Default Resource Text size is same as at step 3.
  8. Note text size / scaling on Home Page ---> now greater than normal

Default Resource Text size does impact Home Page text size after a restart and consequently requires another restart to get it back to normal.

This applies to v6.11 and v 6.12 Beta 1

Yes, that's it Dave, except that "requires another restart to get it back to normal." does not bring it back to normal. Now the question is, is it a bug, expected behavior, or time for me to post logs?

Thanks

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 5:21 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
"requires another restart to get it back to normal." does not bring it back to normal.

I meant that it is required AFTER returning Default Resource Text size back to normal or 100%.

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
Now the question is, is it a bug, expected behavior, or time for me to post logs?

Logs aren't necessary for reproducible, quirky behaviour! We'll let the Faithlife techs decide whether it is "as designed" or a bug!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 5:27 PM

Dave Hooton:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
"requires another restart to get it back to normal." does not bring it back to normal.

I meant that it is required AFTER returning Default Resource Text size back to normal or 100%.

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
Now the question is, is it a bug, expected behavior, or time for me to post logs?

Logs aren't necessary for reproducible, quirky behaviour! We'll let the Faithlife techs decide whether it is "as designed" or a bug!

"I meant that it is required AFTER returning Default Resource Text size back to normal or 100%."

Yes, that is correct.

"Logs aren't necessary for reproducible, quirky behaviour! We'll let the Faithlife techs decide whether it is "as designed" or a bug!"

Ok, thanks Dave, I appreciate your assistance. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS