Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1250
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 8:47 PM

This is awesome! 

One request....the VF menu is getting longer and longer, esp if you are someone like me with LOTS of VFs, highlighting notes, etc. As such, would you guys consider 2 VF menus, one for Resource and Discourse features, and the other for our personal VFs (VF documents, highlighting notes, etc). I think this would make the menu much cleaner. I don't see any reason why there couldn't be two VF buttons at the top of a resource, esp given how little landscape space they consume on the resource bar. 

Just a thought. 

Thanks! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 29119
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 9:21 PM

I'd prefer a single menu with all expandable units closed by default ... I agree with your diagnosis of the problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 10:52 PM

Dave it just downloadet today

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 3:40 AM

Thanks for this new feature.

This leads to another request (or a repeat of an earlier request), which is to make it possible for different visual filters to be placed on the same resource (so in one panel I could have a high-definition NIV, and in another panel I could have a 'normal' NIV with all my highlighting, etc.)

The way multiview is handled is perfect. There, multiview selections are saved with shortcuts/layouts, so I can quickly switch between different multiview configurations. The more visual filters you create, the more we need something similar for visual filters.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 6:06 AM

Mark Barnes:

Thanks for this new feature.

This leads to another request (or a repeat of an earlier request), which is to make it possible for different visual filters to be placed on the same resource (so in one panel I could have a high-definition NIV, and in another panel I could have a 'normal' NIV with all my highlighting, etc.)

The way multiview is handled is perfect. There, multiview selections are saved with shortcuts/layouts, so I can quickly switch between different multiview configurations. The more visual filters you create, the more we need something similar for visual filters.

Yes

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 1337
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 9:09 AM

Dave Hooton:
But will Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Glossary be made available to Now subscribers?

My understanding is that both the LDHB and LDGNT Glossaries will be made available in Logos Now too.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 9:42 AM

Lawrence Rafferty:

• the search syntax generated by the context menu will not include the {Section ...} syntax, so the searches won't work in 6.11 unless you manually fix the search syntax
  • the context menu will usually show two LDGNT entries for words in the New Testament. This is fixed in 6.12.

Both of these issues have been fixed with 6.11 SR-2

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 2:06 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
My understanding is that both the LDHB and LDGNT Glossaries will be made available in Logos Now too.

thanks, Rick.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 53
AH Bogaards | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 5:17 AM

Where can I get:

1. a manual or a short manual/ explanation on this Discourse Datasets and Visual Filters (Dataset)

2. a video on how it works

I have Logos Now and it will be nice to have a in ditto explanation in manual and video on how I can use it.

The videos and explanation of Logos is very nice and important.

Posts 1337
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 5:42 AM

AH Bogaards:

Where can I get:

1. a manual or a short manual/ explanation on this Discourse Datasets and Visual Filters (Dataset)

2. a video on how it works

The Discourse visual filters are in beta during the 6.12 cycle; at the end of the beta cycle the material should become available. Access to the LDGNT and LDHB introductions and glossaries should happen, I'd guess, in the next week.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 9:21 PM

So, for users who already own the rather expensive discourse databases and also subscribe to Logos Now, if I understand correctly, the only value in owning databases would be the permanent license rather than a temporary license (i.e., for LDHB, LDGNT, LHDOT, LHDNT)? Until fairly recently LDGNT was, in my evaluation, a useful but significantly unfinished beta product (with respect to widespread typos, omissions, and errors), although thankfully it's now improving significantly, especially since updates from around late 2015 and early 2016. That said, I wouldn't have invested in them if I didn't value them. I recall the Greek New Testament Discourse Bundle being a good value.

These new discourse visual filters and improved search databases look like an excellent and natural extension of the work that's been done on the discourse resources. I've always thought that Propositional Outlines would work well with some of the discourse-device symbols such as Topical Frames and Emphasis (e.g., for marked focal constituents). The Propositional Outlines really build on and extend the analysis of LDGNT and LDHB, but I think I'd prefer if they labeled devices such as simple Topical Frames with some of these symbols rather than placing them on their own line and thus separating them from their larger propositional and prosodic units/groupings. I don't think this facilitates fluent, uninterrupted reading. Anyway, I look forward to seeing how these different visual filters interact and complement one another.

Thanks to everyone involved in these projects! Keep up the good work!

Posts 308
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 9:59 AM

I purchased the HDNT and the HDOT a year ago for over 200 dollars now i'm getting those resources free as a feature of Logos now. can I get a credit for my past purchase?

Posts 1337
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 11:25 AM

Mike McKnelly:

I purchased the HDNT and the HDOT a year ago for over 200 dollars now i'm getting those resources free as a feature of Logos now. can I get a credit for my past purchase?

Hi Mike.

The High Definition NT (https://www.logos.com/product/3832/lexham-high-definition-new-testament-esv-edition ) and High Definition OT (https://www.logos.com/product/6831/lexham-high-definition-old-testament ) are not included in Logos Now. In Logos Now, we have only included data underlying LDGNT and LDHB and the glossary and introduction.

There is also the difference of having access to material through a subscription (Logos Now) and owning the material outside of a subscription. That said, if you want to speak with someone further, I'd encourage you to contact Faithlife customer service and interact with someone there regarding this issue.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 6:28 AM

It works also with Luther 1984 in German :-)

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS