Things most Logos users aren't paying attention to... and a SECRET link!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 10 2016 3:04 PM

Faithlife Groups

We've been quietly, continually advancing Faithlife Groups. And if you use Logos Bible Software, you already have an account! Log in at https://faithlife.com with your Logos.com username and password. (You should even be auto-logged in if you're already logged in to one of our sites.)

Click your icon/avatar in the upper right and edit your 'Account settings'. Upload a photo and add profile info to help others connect with you.

Find your church -- it is likely already loaded into the system! (Use the 'Find people and groups' box at the top, or the 'New group' button in the upper-right to create a new group.) If no one has claimed it yet, you can. Then you can edit the About info, upload the church logo, a cover image, etc.

Why? Because your Faithlife account is what ties everything together, and because we've got some exciting new functionality for churches just around the corner... claiming your church and doing some 'account gardening' will prepare you to be among the first to try the cool new tools!

(You can also invite others to join your church group, and can appoint others as admin. So go ahead and claim your church even if you're not the pastor or staff; you can invite them too!)

Proclaim Church Presentation Software

Proclaim has been shipping for several years, and you may already have taken a look at it.

It's time to take another look.

Proclaim is turning into an awesome tool for church presentations. It can automatically record a sermon, with slides and their timing, create a video of the sermon, upload it to the Internet, make it available on your congregation's TVs at home, etc. It has very cool Bible-centered features like On-Screen Bible, a growing media library, support for overlaying live video during a service, and a new fill-in-the-blank reveal feature that makes it easy to create paired slides that present blanks and then fill them in.

Proclaim + Pro Media is an incredible deal, with fresh Smart Media each month!

(Early Preview: Check out https://faithlife.com/comments/521027 for a beta of how we can connect a congregation to the Proclaim, and soon your entire church bulletin in digital form!)

SoundFaith

Where do the sermons 'automagically' recorded in Proclaim go? To your church's Faithlife group, of course! And also to SoundFaith.com, where others can discover and be blessed by them.

But SoundFaith is more than a sermon archive site; it's actually an incredible resource for pastors. SoundFaith has thousands of sermon illustrations and thousands of pieces of church media (video, stills, templates, etc.) that you can download. 

Most of these media items are actually matching sets of a dozen or more pieces, and many of these sets come with PhotoShop source files and smart PowerPoint slides that have correctly positioned text boxes for easy editing. 

SoundFaith (like all of these sites!) is under very active development. It is changing every day, but you can get in early by subscribing right now! The media library continues to grow, the searching tools are improving constantly, and more templates and source files are being added.

And if you're already subscribing to Proclaim + Pro Media, you already have a SoundFaith subscription. That's right -- the PhotoShop PSD files and more are a new, extra benefit to your existing subscription!

Faithlife TV

We've been quietly experimenting with streaming video for several years; the Bible Screen channel on Roku and Apple TV (and the web) has been installed by tens of thousands of users. And now we've got Faithlife TV, where you can subscribe to a growing library of faith-friendly video content (that you can watch on a Roku, new Apple TV, iOS app, the web, etc.) as well as get access to your Logos Bible Software video content on your television

Want to watch Logos Mobile Education from your living room, instead of on a laptop? Sign in to the Faithlife TV app and your video content is already there, ready to go. And Faithlife TV syncs your last read/last viewed position with Logos Bible Software! 

You'll also find other video content from Logos available here; it's a great way to explore content you already own in a new and different context.

Is your church recording sermons with Proclaim? When you follow your church on Faithlife, the sermons are automatically available on Faithlife TV

Are you seeing how everything is connecting?

Logos Bible Software is still at the heart of what we're doing. All of this work on other sites and tools is running in parallel to our continued enhancement of Logos Bible Software. Logos Now demonstrates how we're improving Logos Bible Software every six weeks(!). 

We use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. And all of these tools are part of accomplishing that mission. I hope you'll take a moment to check these sites out, improve your Faithlife profile, claim or follow your church, and see how Faithlife is helping to connect pastors, especially, to everyone else in the Church who wants to grow in the light of the Bible.

And that secret link? Take a look at https://faithlife.com/discover to see every public post going to Faithlife. There's so much more going on than you realize, and if you see something you like you can Follow or Join the group to have its content sent to your My Faithlife feed. ('Follow' is the best default for connecting with a group. Use 'Join' when you are in real-life community -- like your own church or small group. Joining makes you 'friends' with other people in that group, and you'll see their posts in your My Faithlife feed. Following a group causes you to only see posts to the group, not all the posts of all the people in the group.)

Was I right? Are there some things here you weren't paying attention to?

Let me know what you think!

-- Bob

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 3:19 PM

I'm logged into my account settings on faithlife.com but I can't find where I should add my church for the life of me Tongue Tied

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 3:30 PM

Use 'Find people and groups' at the top to search for your church. (Adding a city name will help distinguish common church names.) If your church isn't there (we have good coverage through a few years ago, but newer churches may not be listed) you can use the 'New Group' button in the upper right to create it. Thanks!

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 3:38 PM

Ah, sorry - misunderstood your post. Thanks!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 6:12 PM

Bob Pritchett:
Use 'Find people and groups' at the top to search for your church. (Adding a city name will help distinguish common church names.)

I was happy to find my church. I was the first member to sign up.  Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3312
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 7:30 PM

On my roku, when I click on faithlife tv or biblescreen nothing happens. How do I subscribe to shows or use that feature?

Posts 2725
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 10:55 AM

All of these things are things FL should shut down and refocus the resources to getting back their formerly excellent customers service which has really become less than stellar lately.

Posts 5153
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 2:03 PM

Agreed Kevin, the reason we are not paying attention is they are fluff that don't interest us, they are not core to our study of the scriptures, unrelated to why we first engaged with this company.

Kevin A. Purcell:

All of these things are things FL should shut down and refocus the resources to getting back their formerly excellent customers service which has really become less than stellar lately.

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 2:08 PM

Kevin, these things aren't a trade off with great service. And our hope is that these new tools are of great utility to our users. But that's really up to (all of) you -- are they? Will they be, as they are fleshed out?

I am sorry hear you feel our service has deteriorated. The stats I have, on call volume, satisfaction, etc. seem to be holding steady. Is it really customer service (answering emails and calls), or some other way in which we aren't being responsive enough?

feel free to call me at 360-527-1700 directly if you'd like, or email me your number and a good time to call. (I'm traveling through Monday but can call from the road.)

Posts 2725
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 1:44 PM

I do appreciate you making yourself available to me. I have had some bad issues, but since those I've also had a couple of good.

1. My transfers of unused resources I was selling to make room in my budget for needed expenditures cost me $20 x 2 and the CS staff refunded them since it didn't go as smooth as it should. I appreciate that. I know companies make mistakes and I understand. The way they make good for those is the key and whether they make too many. Over they years you have not made too many, just a few close together. Getting the refund made this more palatable so thanks!

2. My third transfer went off without a hitch and it was fast and easy. Thanks!

3. I've been getting Bible Study Magazine for free the last two months and the most recent edition had a great article that inspired a message for my church this past week. I and they appreciate it!

I know your time is valuable so I won't bother with the phone call right now. If I have a major issue I will contact you if that's needed. Again, thanks for making yourself available.

As for the things you listed, almost none of them are of use to me. I tried to use Proclaim in my church and it takes way too long to build a presentation if it has a lot of images or video in it. The program handles Bible text and song lyrics well. However, it was cumbersome to use for the preacher who uses a lot of images while preaching.

The social networking feature is just another social network that I won't be using. I tolerate Facebook and find Twitter of less value lately. Google+ was great but no one was there. I tried using the Faithflfe groups but they are too complicated and there's too many subgroups and it's another thing to take my time. One of the beta testing groups moved over there from these forums and since then I've quite engaging in beta testing. I only go when I absolutely have to. I can't remember a single note from a Faithlife user on a single passage of scripture that I found useful.

Those things have to be taking up much needed resources that could have been devoted to making sure the few bad CS experiences I've had didn't happen. I'm reading more of these in the forums, so I know I'm not alone there. I just think you should fire fewer people (to borrow your book title) and fire some of these side tools and redirect those working on creating and maintaining them. As I write this and re-read it that sounded really harsh. I was not trying to be so, but rather to be cute using your book title. I hope you get the intended levity and don't read this paragraph too negatively.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 8:45 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I am sorry hear you feel our service has deteriorated. The stats I have, on call volume, satisfaction, etc. seem to be holding steady. Is it really customer service (answering emails and calls), or some other way in which we aren't being responsive enough?l

In my experience (which I am enduring once again over the past week) the customer service email address is typically not answered until multiple attempts are made. Sometimes the issue is addressed by CS but they decide not to tell the customer. At other times customer service just decides not to answer or to take any action (from the customers perspective). It is especially frustrating when you are only looking for a simple "yes, we can do that for you" or "no, we cannot do that for you" response. 

It leaves you wondering, as a customer, if anyone even checks the email. Even an automated response with an expected response time, like, "it will be two weeks before we respond" would be better than the status quo.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 8:54 PM

Jonathan:

Even an automated response with an expected response time, like, "it will be two weeks before we respond" would be better than the status quo.

Correction: I just sent a follow-up email to the email I sent last week to customer service. It appears that I am now receiving an automated response with the expected response time (kudos!). However, the email states that response time is normally within "24 to 48 hours." Has anyone ever checked to see if CS actually does normally respond to emails within 24 to 48 hours?

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2016 5:45 AM

Jonathan:

Has anyone ever checked to see if CS actually does normally respond to emails within 24 to 48 hours?

I received 2 of those last October and I have yet to get a response.

Posts 38
LogosEmployee
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2016 9:05 AM

I am very sorry we didn't reply to your original email. I found your email from last night and see a reply was sent about 30 minutes ago. Please let me know if you do not receive the email. I have some questions about your original email and will contact you directly. 

Posts 64
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 11:02 PM

My Roku Faithlife channel is not working either. When I click on the videos (free videos) the channel doesn't respond as if the channel was frozen. 

Posts 3312
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2016 4:24 AM

Bible screen doesn't work for me either

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS